Graduation Day

Dusty's P.O.V.

I can't believe that it's already graduation day. It doesn't feel like it's been four years yet. One by one, we walked onto the stage and received our diplomas. A lot has happened over the years, which included a not so happy Aulisor when he found out that Trev got Luna pregnant. Now that wasn't a pretty sight to see. However, the kid was cute. He got the little cat ears and soft blue eyes like my brother and obsidian hair like Luna. They called him Sage which was cute.

Once I got my diploma, I walked over to Aulisor who embraced me in a hug. I always loved his hugs. Aunt Ruby, Aunt Weiss, Aunt Nora, Uncle Ren, and granddad showed up for my brothers, my cousins, and myself. I wish my parents were here though. Mr. and Mrs. Sho came with Aulisor's little brother Danny. His brother is actually going to be attending Beacon this coming year. Aulisor's family accepted me as one of their own after we were dating for a year. Mrs. Sho finally got over her grudge against mom which I was glad about.

Suddenly I was swooped up off the ground. "Hey! Will you put me down please," I shouted. My brother laughed. I began to growl when Onyx didn't put me down. "I will claw you if you don't put me down right now." That did the trick. Everyone knows that if I threaten to claw them if they don't stop whatever they're doing that involves me, I will claw them.

"You're no fun Dust," he complained. I stuck my tongue out at him. He did the same in return, only to cause us to break out into laughter. "We're so childish. Almost like our parents."

"Which one's? Yours or mine," I asked. Onyx only became my brother when I was seven.

"Ours, as in Yang and Blake. Yes I was born and raised by my mom and dad for eight years of my life, but our parents gave me an opportunity to continue on with my life even through the pain," he said. I was amazed by his answer. "You're my family, my sister. That's never going to change even though I have a different last name." I wrapped my arms around him as I was overwhelmed by the feeling of joy. He did the same in return.

"You're the best brother ever Onyx," I said with content. He kissed my forehead, in a brotherly love kind of way. Then he ruffled my hair just to be a tease. I glared at him, hissing in the process.

"Now there's the Dusty Summer Xiao Long I know," he said with the biggest smile plastered on his face. Then someone tapped him on the shoulder.

"May I cut in," Aulisor asked.

"She's all yours. And just saying, I'm holding you to what you said earlier," Onyx said, pointing an index finger up at my boyfriend.

"Of course. Do you think I would go back on my word, bro," he responded, wearing that loveable smile of his. My brother walked off, leaving the two of us standing there, alone. I looked up at him, getting lost in his deep silver eyes that make me melt every time when I do.

"What was my brother talking about," I questioned, trying to see if he'd tell me.

"You'll see kitten," he answered, kissing the top of my head. "But first, my parents want to take us out for dinner as a treat."

"Do I need to get changed at all," I questioned, running my fingers through the loose hair nervously. He shook his head.

"No, you're perfect the way you are." His voice just then was very seductive. It was to die for! I just gave off a faint blush. "Then I can take you home." Home? As in my actual home?

"Home," I questioned. He nodded as he held the familiar chain of keys before me. "H-how did you get these?" I took them in my hand, staring at them as so many memories flooded my mind.

"Your aunts gave them to me. They made sure that the house was kept clean and taken care of. Apparently your mother had a will that was read to your aunts, your uncle, and granddad. She left the house and everything there to you Dusty," he said. I could feel my eyes watering up. I couldn't believe it. I was going to go back home. "Now, before you start crying, let's go and get something to eat." I nodded and handed the keys back to him since I had no pockets or a purse of some sort.