Letters Received

Blake's P.O.V.

I went and got the mail and scanned through it. Something caught my eye in the small pile. It was a letter, from Dusty. A smile came to life. I wonder how things are going for everyone. I broke the seal on the envelope and began to read the letter.

'Dear Mom,

You were right. I am enjoying it here. There are still some of your professors here. Goodwitch, Oobleck, Port... I've been placed with a good team. Team DLTA. With the "D" being first, you might assume who the leader is. Yeah, I was chosen to be the leader. It's almost a replay of when you, mom, Aunt Ruby, and Aunt Weiss were here and placed into a team.

I'm doing well in my classes, even though today was only the second day. Goodwitch mistaken me for you. It was kind of funny if you ask me, but I cleared that up. She asked about you and mom. It wasn't easy to say that mom died. She gave me her condolences. She's a lot nicer now. She actually gave me a smile. I have her combat class second every day. I love it. I'm improving on my fighting skills.

Trevor and I became partners on the day of initiation. I made sure that I was with one of them or cousins. We have amazing teammates. There's Luna Lang and Aulisor Sho. They seem tough and intimidating at first, based on their appearance, but they're really nice. I kicked Aulisor's butt in combat class the first day when Goodwitch was evaluating us. Everyone was surprised, including Goodwitch. He's like a foot taller than me. A fourteen year old girl beats a seventeen year old guy. It was kind of funny but it was still a blast to see what my teammate could do on the battlefield.

He and Trev got into a slight disagreement at lunch yesterday. Kinda was over me. Trev was being the protective brother again. I don't really understand why he and Onyx are so protective of me. They won't give me a straight answer. I feel like they're hiding something from me. Do you know anything about it by chance?

Apparently Trevor and I somewhat famous here at Beacon. Team RWBY was one of the best teams that Beacon's ever seen. Aulisor knew exactly who we were when we mentioned our last name. He concluded it to mom. Trevor explained to them what happened seven years ago. I even showed them our family photo that I brought with me. Luna commented that we looked so happy together. I really miss her mom.

Yesterday Aulisor and I got to know each other more as we walked from combat to lunch. He even asked me about my semblance. He was the first one that's been interested in it. His semblance is speed, like Aunt Rose. He makes me laugh and smile and happy. He looks out for me like Trevor and Onyx. Hence why he and Trev had a slight disagreement.

Oh, Onyx is the leader of his team too. Team ORIN. Then Justine is the leader of hers. Team JPTR. We've all settled in now. The relics this year were animals, which I found weird but I know you had chess pieces. Trev and I were the first pair to reach the temple. It was easy. Just had to fight off a few beowolves. No biggie.

Oh, I almost forgot! I have someone special in my life. It just kinda happened, you know? Just like how it was with you and mom. He takes good care of me mom. You'd really like him. Now, don't get upset when I say this. He's seventeen and it's also Aulisor. I don't know if you'd disapprove, but he makes me feel happy mom. He's the first guy that I've come to meet in a long time that isn't scared of me or doesn't think I'm a freak or anything. He sees me for me. He doesn't care that I'm a faunus. He thinks it's kinda cute actually. Not to mention he did comment on my huntress attire saying that I looked cute in it. I know he won't do anything to hurt me. He looks out for the ones he cares for.

Oh yeah, he and Luna are cousins. That kinda explained some questions I asked myself the first night. We won't let you down mom. We'll fight our hardest and become strong. We'll make you proud by graduation day.