The Beginning of Change

Dusty's P.O.V.

As the year went on, the steps towards change became apparent. Humans and faunus were getting along with each other after so many years of hate and discrimination. I still remember the news report from the very day we terminated the White Fang completely.

Faunus were being questioned by reporters while the police took care of other matters at the scene.

"What happened here tonight," a reporter asked Sutton, the fox faunus that we met before storming into the building.

"The White Fang no longer exists. All of the faunus are free from the life of crime and corruption. It's all thanks to the Flaming Shadow. She will be forever known as the savior of our people along with her friends. Thank you all," Sutton said. After that he said nothing else. He said what he had to say.

We had made some friends that day. We meet up with Sutton, Daniel, Frisk, and Layla in Vale occasionally. They even came to Beacon to see where we go to school. We saw what talent they had that day. We suggested that they should take the exam to get into Beacon next year. The four of them make a really good team.

I was out walking around campus, the breeze lightly passing through my hair. It was getting close to the winter season again. November wasn't that far off either. Only two more weeks until my birthday and my parents' wedding anniversary. I had decided that I was going to go visit them that same day. It wouldn't feel right if I didn't.

I was surprised by a pair of arms wrapping around my stomach. "Hey beautiful," he whispered to me. I lightly blushed.

"Hey. You know I don't like being snuck up on," I said, turning around to kiss him. Aulisor was already nineteen like Luna and Trev. Here's little old me, turning sixteen in a few weeks.

"I know," he said with a smile. I smiled in return and lightly punched his arm playfully. "Hey, you wanna go somewhere quiet?"

"Sure." He took my hand in his and we walked towards the cliff by the Emerald Forest, Beacon Cliff as it's called by the Academy. It was peaceful there. I had a feeling that he was only doing this since he didn't want me walking in on my brother and Luna. They started dating not long after the day we terminated the White Fang. They were cute together.

Let's just say they've gone a step further than Aulisor and I have in our relationship, which has been a little over a year.

When we reached the cliff, Aulisor laid on his back, staring at the sky as the clouds drifted by. I rested my head on his stomach, looking up at the sky with him. This was peaceful. It was nice to have some time together with just the two of us. I didn't even bother thinking about my teammates and what they possibly could be doing.