Counter Attack

Dusty's P.O.V.

"Last night, the White Fang attacked several businesses. For the first time though, they left a message. 'This is what happens when you mess with us.' Currently, we don't know who this message is directed towards but we believe that this is only the start of a new series of attacks."

I dropped my scroll on my bed after I finished watching the news report. "Dust, you okay," Luna asked. I shook my head slowly as I was still in a state of shock. "What is it?" She walked over to me, sitting next to me.

"They left me a message after their attacks last night," I spoke as if I was in a daze.

"So, this is it. What are we going to do next?" I looked at my teammate.

"Counter attack. We need to find out where they made a new base of operations," I said with confidence. She nodded with a confident smile. Aulisor and Trevor then joined us by that point. They saw the looks on our faces.

"Everything okay," Aulisor asked.

"The White Fang made their move and left a message for me," I answered. They looked at each other and then back at the two of us.

"What's the plan then?"

"We need to figure out where their new base is and go from there. Even keep track of their movements, starting with last night's attacks, to see if we can establish a pattern," I said.

"Well, what are we waiting for," Trevor asked with a hint of excitement.

***

1 month later

We finally managed to gather enough information to make an estimated guess of where their base is now since I burnt down their last one. The four of us came to the same conclusion. They were in the shady side of Vale. Where else would be the ideal place for a base for a corrupt organization? "So, when are we going to make our move," Luna asked. It was Thursday. I thought for a moment.

"I think it'll be best to do it this weekend. Gives us a bit more time during the day to accomplish something," I said.

"Sounds good enough to me," Trevor added.

"It seems tactically efficient," Aulisor stated, trying to sound like he's the smart one. He was smart but sometimes he just wanted to show off a little bit. I lightly punched him in the arm. "What? I'm just saying that it is."

Luna rolled her eyes while I groaned. "Dude, they're basically telling you that you don't need to show off," my brother stated, clearing it up.

"Ah." Finally, he gets it. Took him long enough for it to click in his mind after Trevor explained it. I thought my brother was slow on catching onto things. I looked outside our window to see the night sky apparent.

"I think we should try to get some sleep guys. We have another full day of classes tomorrow." My teammates agreed with me. I grabbed my pajamas and walked into the bathroom to get changed. I let out a soft sigh. I looked at my reflection, just seeing mom. It's like I'm her. I shook my head and exited the bathroom. Once I threw my dirty clothing into the hamper, I climbed into bed and stared at the wall. I felt awake still. My mind was racing.

Someone turned out the light, letting the world of shadow consume everything. Just as I was starting to fall asleep, my mattress dipped. I turned over slightly to see who it was. He was giving me his soft smile as he climbed into bed with me. I snuggled up against him as he held me protectively as we fell asleep. Trevor didn't seem to mind anymore. However, Aulisor started sleeping with me when mom died; and no, not like that. With him protecting me and keeping me warm, I've slept better than I ever have in my entire life.