1. This Fic Is Going To Be Awesome I Only Have Like Half of It Figured Out

Started: October 19, 2015
Finished: March 14, 2016

It was pretty accurate that Pete Wentz was absolutely, undoubtedly smitten with Mikey Way.

He was infatuated when he first saw the brown-eyed boy who held himself in that insecure, shy way. Who walked in the room on a chilly, November day, introducing himself as the boy from New Jersey. Who sat in the back of the classroom with his face usually buried in a book.

He was curious as he watched the tall boy with the round glasses being joined by an older boy, who always wore a tank-top and long skinny jeans, every time he walked home. Who gave him small, anxious smiles every time he passed as Pete waited for his bus.

He was interested when he when he felt butterflies in his stomach every time he saw the boy, sitting by himself at lunch. He didn't seem to care that he was always by himself. Always seeming to be staring at nothing in particular, but then at everything at once as he ate whatever disgusting lunch was planned for that day.

Pete was at a neutral phase, coming to peace with himself that he did not have a crush on this boy, but more he was just admiring a fellow acquaintance, when he finally urged himself to go and speak to the boy who sat by himself every-day at the round lunch table.

"Hi," he'd said. "I'm Pete."

The boy sitting opposite him slowly raised his eyes and pierced Pete with the most beautiful eyes he'd ever seen. Chocolate mixed with peanut butter and a little bit of sunshine through a whiskey bottle smiled up at him.

"My name's Mikey Way," he'd responded, gently. That's when Pete knew, he was at least a little in love with Mikey Way.

Pete convinced himself he had a crush on Mikey as he heard his small giggles at the stupid things that Pete said. Mikey had a certain quietness about him that Pete absolutely adored.

Pete was in love by three months of talking with Mikey Way. Pete attempted to learn every little thing about the other boy. Mikey was patient with him, answering all his questions and even asking a few of his own. That night on the roof under the stars, Pete's head in Mikey's lap and Mikey's fingers curling through Pete's hair (in a totally heterosexual way, of course) was when Pete didn't care what anybody thought. Anybody could see them at that minute but Pete didn't really care about anybody else. His thoughts were consumed by Mikey and his sweet smile, his cute blushes, and his soft words, often telling Pete stories about his idea of a utopian world where everybody could live in peace. Mikey liked dreaming. He often told Pete this and would describe them often, not understanding that Pete was only half listening to him, but more watching how passionately he talked about the things he liked so much.

The 3 A.M. texts and surprise visits (with pizza) from Mikey were a bit of a way of showing that Pete's feelings weren't completely wasted, and Mikey obviously didn't see Pete as just a friend.

Gerard Way, a very protective older brother, (the one with the tank-tops and skinny jeans) kept a very watchful eye on the two boys. Gerard wasn't stupid. He saw the way his baby brother's eyes lit up when he talked about this Pete Wentz kid, whoever he was. He saw the way Mikey's creativity had soared ever since they'd moved to Chicago. He was sure it was because of Pete and he silently thanked his thousands of times. Back in New Jersey, Mikey hadn't been happy. He'd been diagnosed with depression ever since their father had left and left their single mother to raise her two children all by herself.

Mikey's sixteenth birthday was the night. Standing on the roof of Mikey's house, watching the sun set, sending so many vibrant colors across the sky. A small celebration was shared by just the two of them. The two years of hidden secrets and pained hearts were finally gone. Their hearts were finally united, wrapping around each other, starting with the small, simple:

"I love you..."

And then a complete silence... The chocolate brown eyes met Pete's, and he felt butterflies as much as he had the first time he'd seen them close up.

Mikey took a step forward on the roof and reached for Pete's hand, squeezing it tightly.

"I know," was the reply.

Then, the two sixteen year olds leaned forward, both a bit hesitant and nervous. Mikey held Pete by the waist and Pete stood on his tip-toes to reach up and place his lips softly on Mikey's pale chapped lips.

"Happy Birthday, Mikes..."

-

Pete was in heaven with Mikey, who was curled up in his arms, snoring very gently. Mikey was insecure about his height and was taller than he wanted to be, so Pete appeased him by trying to be the bigger spoon. Emphasis on trying. Mikey actually crushed Pete half the time, but Pete was too in love to care much.

They were lying on the Ways' couch, and Gerard was VERY upset he couldn't study in the living room like he always did. He'd insisted that they go up to Mikey's room but Ms. Way promptly refused. She'd met Pete and it was almost love at first sight for her, but she also begged that they never go to Mikey's bedroom alone for a long amount of time.

Nobody bothered them at school and they were free to hold hands as they walked from class to class. Pete saw some glares from fellow classmates and promptly directed Mikey's attention away from them before he could even notice the homophobes.

If there was one thing Pete loved about Mikey more than his kisses, it was his music. Mikey would play his bass and Pete would just lay on his back at Mikey's house and just stare at the ceiling, listening to him play.

It was pretty accurate to say that Pete Wentz was absolutely in love with Mikey Way, and it was pretty safe to say Mikey Way was undoubtedly in love with Pete Wentz.