4. Life Lessons with Frank Iero

Ryan pulled his new-found friend to his room.

"Hey, Gee!" He called out, earnestly. There was no response and Ryan let out a small sigh, turning to Brendon. "Gee has to leave a lot," he shrugged.

Brendon cocked his head.

"Why?" He asked, quietly.

I think he has to go to school?" Ryan mumbled. Brendon nodded.

"I have to go there, too," he mumbled. "I don't like it much," he added. "Everybody's kinda mean to me."

Ryan furrowed his eyebrows.

"I don't like mean people. Gee tells me that mean people are ugly inside," he repeated the words to Brendon.

Brendon nodded.

"But I think you're kinda pretty inside," Ryan blushed softly, smiling.

Brendon smiled.

"Hey, Ryan?" He asked. Ryan turned to Brendon with a questioning stare.

"Why don't you have any hair?" He asked.

"Oh," Ryan said, softly. "Well, what the doctors told me, was that it was all going to fall out anyway, and they asked me if I wanted to get a hair-cut now," he smiled. Brendon nodded.

"I think you look cute without hair," he said, finally, smiling.

Ryan smiled.

"Thanks, Brendon. I have some coloring books, do you want to play with me?" He asked, grinning.

"Do you have any Apple-juice?" Brendon asked.

"Of course!" Ryan smiled.

"Then of course I'll play with you!" Brendon smiled, brightly.

~

Ryan smiled as he held up his drawing to show Brendon his drawing.

"That's me," Ryan pointed to a crayon drawing of a small bald boy. Then, he pointed a picture of a tall boy with messily drawn red hair. "That's Gee. You'll like him," Ryan smiled. Then he pointed to another boy next to the colored-Ryan. "And there's you!" He smiled, proudly.

Brendon smiled at the picture before holding up his own drawing.

It had a large blue flower on it, that was actually colored in really nice for a four year old.

"Wow!" Ryan dropped his own drawing to stare at it in awe. "That's so good!"

Brendon smiled in response.

"Thanks, Ryan!"

The two boys whipped around as the door opened and Grace came back in.

"Hey, Bren, it's time to go home now," she smiled at him.

"But, mom!" Brendon protested, loudly. "I want to stay with Ryan!"

"We might be able to come back, tomorrow," she promised, pulling him up, out of the chair.

"Bye, Ryan!" Brendon waved to him as his mother dragged him out of the room.

"Bye, Brendon!" He called back.

-

Gerard followed Frank into the cafeteria and led him to one of the round tables, sitting down with him.

"So, Frank... What's your story?" He asked, smiling.

"I'd love to talk with you, Gerard, but I'm really fucking hungry," Frank rolled his eyes.