Deleted Scene II: v2

3 days after epilogue

Pete was sleeping, quietly on the chair, head leaned on Mikey's bedside. He'd been very tired and hadn't left his boyfriend's side. Lacey and little Pete came to visit him sometimes, but were switching between Gerard and Frankie or Patrick and Elisa.

He jerked awake as he felt movement. His eyes fluttered open and he looked up. Mikey? Was it his imagination?

"Mikey?" He whispered, gently. He heard a soft noise that he knew wasn't his imagination. Mikey breathed out heavily and turned his head.

"Pete... Pete..." He barely whispered.

"Oh my god, Mikey!" Pete let out a cry of shock as Mikey's eyes blinked open. He thought he'd never see those wide-eyed browns ever again.

"Hello, my love," Mikey smiled up at him, wincing a little bit.

Pete started crying as he flung his arms around Mikey and hugged him tightly, never wanting to let him get away. Never again.

"I thought I'd lost you, Mikey..." He started blubbering. "I was so scared... And they said you weren't going to wake up and-" he started crying too hard to even understand.

"Pete, baby, shhh," Mikey whispered. "I'm awake. I'm here. I'm never going to leave..." He planted little kisses on Pete's shoulder. He let his boyfriend cry on him, and just savored the feeling of Pete right next to him. Something felt different though. His finger...? "Pete?" He gasped, opening his eyes. "Is this?"

Pete looked at him confused before realizing what he was motioning too. He blushed, wiping the tears away.

"I had a whole big speech for you an-"

Mikey cut him off, pulling him fiercely into his lips. He grinned, rolling them over so Pete was underneath him.

"Yes. A billion times yes," he kissed him, more passionately now. "I love you so much, Pete Wentz."

They just lay together, enjoying each other's company and Mikey comforting Pete who'd started crying at least five different time. Gerard walked in and screamed, racing over to Mikey and hugging him, gently. Mikey showed him his ring excitedly, and Pete was welcomed to the family.

The doctors came in and talked about everything with them before telling them that Mikey could go home in about a week. Mikey of course complained, saying that he could go home today, but the doctors, Pete, and Gerard all convinced him to stay.

Gerard left to go get Lacey and Frankie stayed home with little Pete.

"Daddy!" Lacey squealed, jumping up on to Mikey who held her close. "Papa said you were 'sleep and that you had nightmares, but I knew that you were gon' wake up," she smiled at him.

Mikey hugged her tightly and she snuggled herself between Mikey and Pete, smiling up at them, adoringly.

"Lacey!" Mikey grinned, suddenly. "Do you like it?" He showed her his ring. She stared at it, transfixed.

"Wow! It's so pretty!" She squealed, grabbing his hand. "Uh... What is it?"

"You know what a wedding is, don't you, Lace?" Mikey smiled at her. "Remember when Cinderella and Prince Charming got married?"

"Yes!" She laughed. "Oh! You and Papa are getting married!" She threw her hands up and grinned happily. "Am I the flower girl?" She beamed.