~Chapter 12~

Chapter 12~Fading

~Zayn's POV~

"Niall? What's happening?" I ask. I can't see his hands anymore. And his feet are starting to disappear too.

"I-I don't know." He says and looks me in my eyes. I can see pure panic in his blue eyes. A tear slips from his eye when he comes closer to me. "Can you still touch me?" He asks and holds up his arm. 

I too lift up my hand and try to touch his arm. The part that is still visible. I can touch him, but when I get to the part that is fading, I can feel my fingers slips through him.

Niall starts crying harder and I can feel myself tear up too. I can't lose him now! I just made him mine.

"Don't cry, Niall. Everything is going to be alright." I try to reassure him, but I don't know if it's going to be alright. I'm trying to reassure myself too. The fading is speeding up. Like the air is eating him. I can see his arms disappear slowly, but still too fast. If it keeps going this fast, he'll be gone in an hour. 

"No, Zayn. It isn't going to be alright. I heard an older ghost on the cemetery talk about it when I just died. He said that ghosts only stay here for a certain period of time. When that time is over, they fade. He said that we don't go to heaven. Heaven doesn't exist. I'm going to a never ending darkness, Zayn. But I want to stay with you! I want you!" 

A tear slides down my cheek after Niall's words. I pick him up and sit down on the bed, Niall on my lap.

"You don't know that Niall. The old ghost could have been telling lies. How would he know? Did someone prove it? See, Ni, it's going to be okay." I say. Niall's arms are gone up to his elbows and his feet are disappearing now too.

Niall sighs. He calmed down a bit when I sat him on my lap. "But what if it is true? And I'm never going to see you again after this anyway. I don't want to leave you. I need you." 

"I know. I need you too." I say and kiss forehead sweetly. It seems like the fading is going quicker and quicker.

We sit in silent for a few moments. The only sound is the sniffing from one of us now and then. 

"Zayn?" Niall breaks the silence.

I look at him and see that he's already looking at me with his glassy blue eyes. 

"What is it?" I ask.

"When I'm gone, I want..." He starts to say, but I cut him off. 

"No Niall. I won't let you go!" I say firmly. "I promise you, I'll be with you."

Niall smiles at my words but then he turns serious again. "Yeah, but when I'm gone, I want to you come up for yourself. Don't let anyone treat you like Harry did. I know you are strong enough to handle an entire football team, so don't let anyone run over you ever again, Okay?" 

I nod. It's all I can do now except for crying.

Niall has almost faded completely now. From the moment his limbs were invisible, the fading starting to go twice as fast. 

"I promise Niall. For you." I say and new tears start to form in my eyes. I don't even try to stop them. 

Niall's eyes start to water too as he goes on. "And I also don't want you to give up on your life. I don't want you to kill yourself when I'm gone. I want you to live your life and find a nice boy who loves you for who you are. I want you to adopt a kid with him and love him as much as he loves you. I want you to grow old and die when your time has come... After a long and happy life. 
When I'm gone, I want you to move on from me, but know that I'll always be in your heart. Don't forget about me, Zayn. Promise me you won't forget about me and that you won't kill yourself to be with me." Niall says. 

I look in his beautiful blue eyes one more time while I cup his cheeks with my hands. Niall is gone up to his neck and I can see the fading gain speed once again. 

I know my time with him is about to end.

"I won't forget you. Never." I say and close my eyes. I crash my lips on his for one last kiss. 

Our lips move in sync and tears run down our faces. I can feel my hands lose grip and his cheeks and know it's almost over. I put all my love in the last seconds of our kiss. And then I feel nothing.

I open my eyes and see... Nothing.

He's gone.

"No! NO!" I scream and stand up.

He can't be gone.

I stand up and from the bed and start kicking everything I see. I rip posters off the wall and throw stuff around the room.

I just had him and they took him away already.

Then I lose it completely and fall down on the floor, crying uncontrollable. I curl up in a ball and sob.

"Niall." I whisper in between sobs. "Niall, please come back."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This isn't the end!!!!!

Now , I'm sorry it's so short, but I just wanted to update. 

I was crying so hard while writing this! 

I hope you liked it.

Vote 

Comment

follow

Tell me if you cried!

xx Lisa xx