~Chapter 17~

Chapter 17~ Epilogue ~ Together

~Niall's POV~

When I arrive back at the hospital room, I see almost nothing has changed. Zayn is still laying in the bed, talking to Liam and Harry. Smiles on their faces while they're talking about what happened. 

"It can take a while before you become human again." Gabriële says and releases my hand. "The way to hell is long and then they still have to negotiate with Lucifer."

I nod, thinking about my father, who was willingly to sacrifice himself for my happiness. Now he will be in hell forever and even after the horrible things he did to me, I still feel pity for him. No one deserves to go to hell.

"I'm going to go now. I still have duties to fulfill." Gabriële says and smiles. The light returns and she starts to disappear.

"Thank you!" I shout after her hoping that she heard me. 

I keep looking to the light until it disappeared completely. Then I turn around and walk to the bed, a smile forming on my face. Soon, I can be with Zayn like a normal person. I will be a real human!

I sit down in the bed next to Zayn and opposite to Harry. Harry is talking about how he and Liam became a couple. His eyes are beaming with happiness and love. I can see that he really loves Liam. It seems like he and Zayn are back to being friends.

"So I asked him out on a date." Harry tells and takes hold of Liam's hand. "He wouldn't go at first, because of... me being your bully. But eventually he gave me a chance. I had everything planned out perfectly! The evening of the date, I picked him up, but he wasn't ready yet, so, me being me, went to his room and, you never believe this! He just came out of the shower. He was naked!" 

Liam's cheeks are as red as a tomato, but a small smile plays on his lips while Zayn is laughing at the story.

"You should have seen his face when he turned around and found me staring at him. He practically threw me out of his room, but that's okay, because I got the most beautiful sight ever." Harry smirks and then kisses Liam. I see Zayn's eyes sadden a bit when he does that. 

"At least I got my date with him. After I apologised like a hundredth times." Another amused look in Liam's direction. "Anyway, I planned us an picknick. I had set out a blanket and basket in a grassfield in front of the lake in the park. My friends had helped my to light up candles everywhere and there was a boat too for after di- aaaaaaaah!"

Harry jumps up from anxiety. His chair falls backwards and makes a loud bang when it hits the ground. 

Harry soesn't seem hurt as he stands up immediately and starts rattling.

"I was... and he... and then... What?" He says while looking and pointing at me in confusion. 

That's when Liam's eyes go wide too and Zayn's mouth falls open.

"Niall?" He asks. Wait. He can see me? 

That's when I feel a strange feeling in my chest. A pounding feeling. My heart. It's beating again!

"Zayn!" I yell and wrap my arms around his neck. "I'm human again!" I feel groplets slide down my eyes and notice that I'm crying. Happy tears of course. And Zayn is crying too.

"Really?" He asks full unbelief. I nod and place his hand on my heart. 

"See, my heart is working again." I can't stop smiling.

"But... How?" I hear Liam asks from the chair next to the bed. I turn to look at him and Harry. 

"Maybe we should introduce properly before I explain everything." I say and hold out my hand for Harry to shake. " Hi, I'm Niall Horan, Zayn's boyfriend. I died when I was 18, but I live again." I say with a wide smile.