~Chapter 16~

Chapter 16 ~ Family reunion

~Niall's POV~

"Niall!"

what? But that's Zayn's voice. It can't be.

I turn around and there he is, sitting up in his bed, looking at me with a bright smile on his face. My mouth falls open. How? Actually, I don't care. Zayn is alive and awake. It doesn't even look like he was in the hospital at all. 

I run-float to his bed and hug him. Soon after I feel Liam and Harry's arms around me too. Wait... I can hug Zayn and he sees me! 

"Euhm... Why am I hugging air?" Harry asks suddenly. He can't see me and doesn't know about me so he must be very confused. 

"Zayn? Is Niall here too?" Liam asks and looks around for me.

"Yes, but you can't see him... Can you please give us a few minutes, please? Then you can explain stuff to Harry." Zayn says and Liam nods. He takes Harry's hand in his and pulls him out of the room. I can hear Harry ask what they are keeping from him before the door closes. 

I turn to look at Zayn again and smile. He's already looking at me. "I missed you." He whispers and that's all it takes for me. Tears spill over and I smash my lips on his. It's been such a long time. Our lips move together. Neither of us bothering to deepen the kiss. It's perfect and pure love.

Than we break apart and look at each other. I meet his glistening brown eyes and whisper. "I missed you too." Then give him one more peck on the lips. 

"Why did you try to kill yourself, Zayn?" I ask then, my tone becoming serious. 

Zayn looks to his hands which are now fiddling with the sheets. "I couldn't stand being alone anymore." He says.

"Hey." I cup his cheeks in my hands and force him to look at me. "I was there the whole time." I say. "I was with you when you cried the first day. When you cried the other days.
I was with you when you visited my grave and brought another white rose every single day. I heard every single word you spoke to me.
I was with you when you toke the pills and razor and I thought that I was going to die right then and there again. I could feel my heart break when you swallowed the pills. I could feel the little pieces sink down my body as I saw you pierced your wrists with the razor, but I stayed strong. I had to or I would have lost you.

I went to Liam as fast as possible, but I didn't know how I could warn him. I tried and was about to give up when he saw me. I don't know how, but it doesn't matter. It saved you." I explain, my eyes not once leaving his. Then I take one of his hands in mine and I look down. My thumb traces over his wrist where the scars should have been. "How is it possible you don't even have a scar anymore?" I look back up into his eyes as I wait for the answer.

"I died. I thought I died. The room where I was, was completely white. It wasn't even a room. Just a space. There was no one else. Just me." Zayn starts to explain and his eyes become distant as he thinks back about the place. 

"Suddenly there was a voice." He continues. "It was a males voice, but I didn't recognize it. I didn't see anybody. It was like the air was talking to me. He knew me. And you too. He said that he knew about our relationship and that you faded. I was so confused. I don't know him. Is he still here? Spying on us? I don't know, but he said he was going to help us. Something about that he made a mistake in the past.

He said that he was the one that gave me a second chance to live again. I guess he made all the scars disappear too. The last thing I heard before I woke up here is that I could see you for ten minutes. Then I just woke up." His story ends and he sighs.