chapter three

Kate went back to her office and grabbed her purse then went to the elevator and went to the basement, where the darkroom was. It was actually half living room half darkroom. She set her purse down on a couch and went to the darkroom. She flipped on the light and the vent and went to the small table. She opened the bag and took out the first roll of film. She reached behind her and shut the light off and started to fill the canister with developer then placed the negatives in and started shaking. Then she set a timer for 30 minutes and went to the living room.

“This is gonna be a long night.” She said to herself.

Around 1 a.m. Kate was about halfway done and she decided to get some coffee. Bill, the doorman was still there.

“Finally heading home Kate?” He asked her. She shook her head.

“I wish Bill. I’ll be here for at least two more hours.” He shook his head.

“You poor thing, I know how you feel.” She smiled and walked down the block to Starbucks.

Not surprisingly, there was a long line.

“Great now I’ll never get done.” She said to herself. When it was finally her turn she ordered a tall mocha frappe. Just as she was going to pay for it, someone cleared their throat behind her.

“I got it.” She turned around. It was Brian. He had on a beanie, a black hoodie and jeans.

“Thanks.” She said with a smile.

He ordered a coffee and they walked out together.

“So how was the show?” She asked. He grinned.

“It was pretty amazing. The crowd was awesome.” Kate smiled and sipped her drink.

“So are you done with work.” Kate shook her head.

“About half way.” She said. He gasped at her.

“Are you serious?” He asked. Kate laughed and shook her head.

“I am very serious. Andrea took a lot of photos today.” Brian shook his head.

“Damn.” Kate giggled as they reached the building.

“Well could you use some company?” He asked her. Kate smiled and nodded.

“I would love some company. “ Brian smiled and walked with her to her building. Bill smiled at her but glared at Brian.

“Bill it’s alright. He’s a client.” Bill loosened up and opened the door. They walked in and Brian looked back at Bill.

“Is he always like that?” He asked. Kate giggled.