Chapter twenty five

Matt came home and told the girls that Brian was indeed in love with a mystery woman. Kate couldn’t help but cry. Val held her tightly and smoothed her hair. Matt clenched his fists and paced around the room. Val raised her eyebrow and sent Kate to the bathroom to freshen up.

“Matthew Charles Sanders, what the hell is going on.” Val whispered. He sighed and pulled her into the kitchen.

“Look, all I can tell you is that Brian isn’t in love with anyone.” Val rolled her eyes.

“Yeah I figured that much Matt, but something else is going on I know it.” Matt shook his head.

“I’m sorry. That’s all I know.” She sighed angrily and went into the bathroom to check on Kate.

Matt sat down at the table and put his head down.

Kate was drying her face off with a towel when Val walked in.

“Honey, it’s alright. If you want you can stay with Matt and I.” She said. Kate smiled softly and shook her head.

“Thanks Val, but I don’t think I’ll be able to stay here knowing that Brian is in love with another woman-“ She cut herself off and put her hands over her mouth. Val smiled and hugged her.

“Honey it’s alright. I know you have feelings for him. I think he has feelings for you too and I think he’s gonna realize it when it’s too late.” Kate smiled and hugged her back.

“You won’t say anything right?” Kate asked. Val nodded.

“I promise.” They pulled apart and Kate looked in the mirror.

“Well, I guess I should go back to Brian’s and figure out what to do next.” She said. Val nodded and they walked out of the bathroom.

Matt was in the living room waiting. He stood up when the girls entered the room.

“Matt, could you take me to Brian’s?” He nodded and picked his keys up off of the coffee table.

“Sure let’s go then.”

Kate opened the door and she and Matt got into his truck and they drove to Brian’s house. Matt was silent the whole ride. Kate didn’t mind. She didn’t really feel up to talking anyhow. When they pulled into the driveway, Matt shut the truck off and looked out at the house. Kate sighed.

“Do you think he’s home?” She asked. Matt shrugged and opened his door.

“Let’s find out.” Kate followed him and he walked up to the door. He opened it and looked around.

“He’s not here Kate, he probably won’t-‘ TWACK! Matt was cut off by something hitting him on the head.

Kate screamed as he fell to the floor. A man with a mask over his face pulled him in the house then held a gun to Kate.

“Come here. NOW!” He shouted. Kate started crying as she walked over Matt into the house.

The man shut and locked the door behind her, then pointed the gun back at Kate.

“Don’t fucking move.” He said harshly. His voice was deep and scary. Kate hugged herself and cried silently.

The man kicked Matt hard in the ribs, then pulled him by the foot into the kitchen. He grabbed a chair from the kitchen and dragged it into the living room. On the floor was a black bag. He opened it and took out a roll of duct tape. He then walked over to Kate and grabbed her roughly by the arm. Kate screamed as he threw her into the chair. He put both of her hands behind her back and wrapped the tape tightly around her wrists. When he was finished, he ran his hand from her wrists, up her arms to her neck, then to her face. When he reached it, he slapped it. Hard. She let out a scream and he roughly clamped his hand over it.