Chapter twenty one

After dessert was had, Suzy brought out some coffee and everyone sat around for a few more hours, talking and reminiscing. Around ten, Brent and Amy left to put the children to sleep and Kate and Brian were getting ready to leave.

“It was so nice to meet you Kate, and I hope to see you again!” Suzy said happily. Kate smiled and nodded.

“It was so nice to meet you too and I hope I see you again too.” She said with a smile. Brian Sr. put his arm around Suzy and nodded.

“Well, we’d better take off.” Brian Jr. said. He gave Suzy a hug and patted his dad’s shoulder, then he and Kate left.

“So, what did you think of my family?” He asked as they walked home. Kate smiled.

“I loved them. They are so loving and kind.” She said. Brian smiled and looked up at the stars.

“It’s a beautiful night isn’t it?” He said. Kate nodded.

“It is. It’s so quiet. New York is so different at night. It’s so loud and busy all the time.” He nodded in agreement.

“See why I couldn’t leave?” He said. Kate nodded and walked up the steps to the house.

Brian just leaned against porch and looked up.

“Are you coming in?” She asked. He nodded and followed her in the house.

Pinkly was sleeping soundly on the couch when they walked in. Kate smiled and patted her head. She slowly opened her eyes, then stood up and stretch. Brian picked her up and put her in her tiny bed by the kitchen. Kate smiled at Brian and he smiled back.

“I’m going to bed.” He said. Kate nodded.

“Goodnight Brian.” He nodded back to her and they disappeared into their bedrooms to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Next Morning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brian got up earlier than usual and went outside on the patio. He paced around and called Val.

“Hey Brian.” She said. Val always was the early riser.

“Hey Val, listen can you do me a favor?” He asked.

“Sure honey, what is it?” Brian peeked his head around the corner and saw that Kate was making her way to the kitchen.

“I need you to take Kate shopping today.” He said. Val laughed.

“Sure thing! I’ll be there in a half hour.” She said.

“Thanks Val.” Then they hung up and Brian went back in the house.

“Good morning.” Kate said. Brian nodded.

“So what are your plans for today?” She asked him. He poured a cup of coffee.

“I have some studio work to do today.” He said. She nodded.

“Boring.” She said with a giggle. Brian chuckled and went into his bedroom.

Kate went into hers and got dressed. She put on a black Motley Crue off the shoulder top with some cut off shorts. She straightened her hair and did her makeup, then went back into the living room.

Not but five minutes later, Kate heard the door open.

“Kate!” She heard Val scream from behind her. Kate jumped off the couch and ran to her.

“Val!!” She shouted as she threw her arms around her. Val laughed and hugged her back.

“Hi babe!” She said.