Chapter five

*Please pay attention to this one, it jumps POV's. Oh and thanks so much to everyone that's reading this and feel free to check out my other stuff (:*

-Zacky’s POV-

Matt and Brian finally came back from their meeting at Andrea Amino. We packed up our hotel and went to get something to eat while we waited to get Kate. When it was finally down to a half hour to go we decided to pick Kate up early. Jimmy and Johnny were napping in the back so me Matt and Brian went to go get her.

When we pulled up to the building, a man was sitting on the ground against the wall dabbing his face. Brian ran over to him.

“Phil? What happened?” He asked him. Phil grabbed Brians collar.

“Brian you gotta hurry. That son of a bitch sucker punched me and ran up there!” He shouted. Matt and I didn’t have a clue to what he was talking about but Brian did. Phil dropped Brians collar and he ran in the building. Matt and I followed him.

“Brian wait! What’s going on?” Matt called. Brian didn’t even turn around.

“It’s Kate’s ex boyfriend. He used to beat her up really bad.” Matt and I looked at each other and followed Brian up the stairs.

When we reached Kate’s apartment, the door was cracked. A woman across the hall waved us over.

“You better hurry, he’s been in there for a half hour.” She said. Brian’s face went pale.

Matt put a hand on his shoulder and we made our way in the door. The place was a mess. Glass was everywhere and on the floor, you could see little spots of blood. Brian tensed up and quietly walked further in the room. We could hear Kate crying in the bedroom and we could see a man holding up a lamp over Kate’s head. Matt and Brian nodded at each other and they went into action. They dragged him out of the room and I ran in and closed the door. Kate pulled herself up into a sitting position and I fell to my knees beside her.

“Holy shit.” I whispered. She closed her eyes and cried silently.

“Are you alright?” She opened her eyes and nodded.

“Yeah Zacky I’m alright.” I ran my hands through her hair and held her as gently as I could.

After about five minutes, there was a knock on the door. We both held our breath.

“Zacky.” It was Brian. I got up and unlocked the door and he came in.

Kate covered her face and cried. Brian went to walk in the room when we heard a clicking noise.

“Don’t move.” A male voice said. I turned around and saw five police officers. Two of them had guns pointing at Brian and Matt.

They put their hands up and the officers started to cuff them. Kate stood up.

“Wait, they didn’t do anything.” She said. All the officers stopped and stared at her.

“Please, they saved me.” She said in a small voice. They uncuffed Matt and Brian and backed away.

Another man walked in the door.

“Kate, baby.” He said. He was an older man who looked a lot like Kate.

“Daddy.” She said. He went over to her and gently touched her face.

“Oh my God.” He said. She cried and he gently held her. When she calmed down a little he looked at Matt and Brian. Matt had a black eye and Brian’s knuckles were all bloody and cut up.

“Can I get a medic in here?” He called. The medic came running in the room and started examining Kate.

“Well how bad is it?” Her father asked. The medic looked up.

“Not as bad as it looks. Nothings broken.” I saw Brian relax and her dad smile.

“Thank God.” He said. The medic cleaned her up and left the room.

Her father asked for a minute alone with her, but not before restraining Scott and having him taken to the police station. Brian and I left the room and waited. Not long after Kate and her father came out. He came straight over to us.

“I think it would be best if Kate still went with you. It’ll get her away and take her mind off things.” We all nodded and he smiled. He kissed Kate on the forehead then left the room.

Kate looked at each one of us.

“Matt I’m sorry about your eye.” She said. He shrugged and smiled.

“Trust me, it’s not the first black eye I’ve had.” She smiled a little. She turned and looked at Brian.

“I’m sorry about your knuckles too.” He shrugged.

“Don’t worry about it.” She looked around the room and I could tell she was gonna cry.

“So are you all packed?” I asked. She nodded.

“Yeah, everything I need is on the bed.” She said. I nodded and went to get it.

Brian put his arm around her and we left the apartment. Jimmy and Johnny had woken up by this point and were waiting in the lobby.

“They wouldn’t let us up! What the hell happened?” Jimmy shouted. Matt shook his head and we all went to the bus.

-Normal POV-

When they got onto the bus, Zacky carried Kate’s bags in to the back.

“Alright so this is your bunk…”He said pointing to the empty one on the bottom right.

“The one across from it is Brian’s, right above is mine, across from it is Jimmy’s and the two in the back are Matt’s and Johnny’s.” She nodded and Zacky put her stuff under the bunk.

“So do you need anything?” Brian asked. She shook her head.

“No, I just wanna lay down.” She said. The guys nodded and left her alone to sleep.

Matt put some ice in a towel and gave it to Brian then did the same for himself.

“What the hell happened?” Johnny asked quietly. Matt sighed and looked at Brian.

“Her ex-boyfriend broke into her apartment and beat the shit out of her.” Johnny and Jimmy gasped and shook their heads.

“That’s crazy.” Jimmy said. They all nodded then let it drop.