Cold feet.

A week later

I look down at the ring Colson got me. I mean it is one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen. White gold band with a princess cut diamond but it feels more like a weight anything. I love him, I really do but this is all happening so fast. I don't want to get married, I'm only 19 going on 20. This isn't right, I want to make sure he is the one. I try to smile when everyone asks about our sudden engagement but it is hard when you feel so forced.

"Nikki, baby," I look up from sink into the mirror and see Colson behind me. I must of noticed me looking at my ring.

"Hey, baby." I turn and look at him faking my smile.

"What's wrong?" 

"Nothing, baby." He grabs my hand.

"Do you not like your ring? I can get you a different one." His blue eye just stare at me.

"No, I love it. It's beautiful." I fake smile and hug him. I look up at him and he kisses me.

"Do you wanna smoke?" I nod my head and follow him to our bedroom.

After we smoke, I call Hannah.

"What's up future Mrs. Baker?" I sigh when she says that.

"So much, bestie." I slide back with my phone.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know if I want to marry him," I hear her gasp into the phone

"What?!"

"This ring feels like a weight, I'm 19, Hannah. This is why I left Chilton because of a forced marriage."

"Oh. So what are you going to do?"

"I have no idea."

"Well, how is your modeling job?" I giggle as she changes subjects.

"It's good, good money and fun." 

"Well, thats good but hey, I have a date in a bit so I will call ya later." 

"Be safe, luhhh you."

"Luhh you too." I smile and hang up the phone. I head downstairs where I over hear Colson talking with Ashleigh, I head behind the door as I listen in.

"Colson, are you sure you are not rushing this?'

"Naw, I really love her. I want to be with her forever."

"Are you sure, you are ready to swear off all other girls to be faith to your wife."

"Of course. I mean it can't be that hard."

"I know you, it will be hard for you. I just don't want to see ether of you getting hurt."

"I got this. I really hope she picks our date for our wedding soon." I hear Ashleigh sigh then I get scared from a whisper in my right ear.

"Nikki, what are you doing?" I turn and see Dubo next to me.

"I'm listening to Ash and Colson." I whisper back.

"Ohhhhh." He joins me in listening to their conversion.

"Colson, I hope you know if you cheat on her after you guys get married, she isn't the type of girl to forgive someone, she will leave you in a mintue."

"I won't cheat on her. I love her." 

"Okay, whatever you say..." I hear her walk out the other door way to the living room.

Present Time

"No money, no family, 17 in the middle of Montreal. No money, no family , 17 in the middle of Montreal. No money, no family in the middle of Montreal. I've been up all night, tryna get that rich. I've been work work work work working on my shit...."

I finish that song as I look out over the almost pack arena who came to watch me open up for NAS. This was my last show on tour before I do my freshman class interview and see Colson again.

"How many guys have seen the new music video for that!" I say into the mic and hear the crowd scream back.

"Alright, I'm going to preform my brand new single here tonight for all of you! This will be dropping online tonight at midnight." I hear the instrumental for the song start.

"When I'm alone, I check the time, I hit you up, your on my mind. You love the light, the fast life. Fuck that I'd rather go slo...."

"Thank you guys! You have been amazing! Who is ready for NAS!" The crowd goes crazy and I start of stage, where I'm met by Hannah and our new friend Shawna.

"Omg, girl you where amazing!" She hugs me.

"Thanks you guys. I think we need to head to the hotel since I have that interview tomorrow. 

Colson's POV Earlier that night

"Your stupid, dude. She won't even notice you are there. There is no point." Slim looks at me.

"I just want to see her perform, okay besides what else is there to do in LA." I laugh and look at myself in the mirror.

"Whatever, dude. beside you get to see her tomorrow." Dubo comes into the bathroom.

"Mofukkas, I just want to see her, okay?" 

Once we arrive to the concert venue, we try to hide our identities as we head inside. We head to the bar and start drinking then get our spots near the front and wait for her to go on stage. Once we start getting crowd around the crowd starts chanting her and NAS's names. Soon we start hearing a techno beat and voice singing, soon she is on stage. I'm in shocked to her what she is sing. It's a song talking about Pussy but she looks stunning as she moves around the stage interacting with the crowd and dancing on stage. I shout to Slim

"Dude, she is pretty good and she still looks sexy as hell." He nods as we stand. There is a lot of pushing and shoving. The music to her next song, she made a costume change into a skimpy cheer-leading outfit as the music to her next song starts.

"My world, rhyme vicious, white girl, team full of bad bitches. Drugs gang I'm in the zone."

As she sings, she gets about five feet from me as she interacts with the crowd. She doesn't even make eye contact with me. As she went through her set list, I started missing her more and more and seeing how successful she got. I look at everyone chanting her name and how big this crowd is. When she is about to finish, she sings a song. Not some ordinary song, one about us and our brake up. My heart sinks as each word leave her mouth.

"Fucked her on my birthday and that's what hurts the most. You tell the truth halfway, I guess that's why this is unfixable."

Once she finishes, I'm almost in tears. I leave the venue without Slim and Dubo. I start down the street as I turn into a parking lot, where the car was and sat in it. Thinking about that song and how much I missed her. 2 years has been too long.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I hope you guys enjoyed:) Anything bold and italic is Nikki singing or rapping:)

xoxo Ana

like,comment.fan