Part 16- Mixed Up Thoughts

Hiyori and Yato finally made it to Tenjin's, Yukine on Yato's back as the pain was too much for him and he had passed out. Hiyori looked at Yato with confusion but relief; if he could have fought thise phantoms by himself, and carry Yukine like that, he must have become much better. Yato placed the bottle into the water trough and poured it onto a cloth. He rubbed it on Yukine's shoulder, while Hiyori cupped her hands and collected water to pour over the wound. Slowly it vanished, except the skin was still deeply cut. Yato took off his scarf and wrapped it round Yukine's shoulder, to stop the bleeding, and a few minuted later Yukine regained conciousness. He sat up and felt the terrible pain in his shoulder flow through his body, and he gasped slightly. He clenched his fists and tried to bare the pain, but tears fell and stung his cheeks; he couldn't hold it in.
"Hey Yukine, don't worry," whispered Hiyori.
"there's nothing to worry about; Yato is here for you." She ruffled his hair and smiled softly.
They were all still washing the wound, when Yato heard panting and growling. It was very faint at first, but it became louder and louder, until he could see the same wolves that had attacked Yukine, outside Tenjin's Shrine. Except there were now four. Yukine jumped and Hiyori stood up but Yato stopped her.
"We don't need to worry; as long as we are in a Shrine; no phantom can hurt us." The four wolves turned their heads and revealed the masks; and Yato then knew excactly what had happened.

A single drop of water fell to the ground.

"Hiyori; take Yukine back to Kofuku's; I have something to deal with and I don't want you getting hurt..." Hiyori nodded and quickly left with Yukine, after a bit of arguing between the two boys as to whether Yukine could stay or not. As soon as the two children were gone; Nora suddenly appeared next to Yato and he crumpled to the ground. He had tried all day to not show any pain he had and he was succesful; Hiyori had not suspected a thing. He gasped for air and looked up at Nora.
"How's your head Yato?" she smiled and lifted up his long hair to reveal an enormous black patch.
"Oh and your chest too now? Yukine really did wreck you..." She put her hand on his chest and he winced.
"Made up your mind yet? Have you decided what you are going to do? Remember what I said; I want Yukine gone."
"I- I can't, he's my hafuri shinki, he's all I have..." Nora looked at Yato; her eyes turned pitch black and her facial expression became angry.
"Get...rid...of...Yukine..."