Part 29- The Plan

Bishamon's POV
As soon as Kazuma left my room; I sat down and decided what I was going to do. Something was wrong with Kazuma, it was incredibly rare for shinki to get sick with anything other than blight so I was rather confused. However; I had a hunch that both Yato and Yukine were in grave danger so I had to check just in case; I could deal with Kazuma afterwards.

"Yunaha." The clear words escaped my lips as I summoned my shinki. Yukine appeared moments later by my side. He bowed.
"My lady." Yukine had become accustomed to the way of my shinki in little time, and instead of the hot temper that he possessed, the emotion that he showed at the palace was quiet and reserved. He looked up at me, his eyes dull and lacking the usual bright spark within them.
"I am going out to check on Yato-gami, I have not seen the god in a while and I have a bad feeling about him. The reason I summoned you is to say that I would appreciate if you could come with me as you are one of my stronger shinki and could help if things became a little out of hand."
"B-Bishamon-sama..." Yukine looked down to the ground.
"Why me? You have many other strong shinki so you should take them instead." I sighed.
"I have my reasons, I promise you I won't let you get hurt." I smiled warmly at him.

That afternoon I gathered all of my shinki together and we took off, but not before I checked on Kazuma; his ilness did not seem to be that bad, but bad enough for it to affect me. I knocked on the door and opened it.
"Kazuma..." I saw him laying in bed half asleep. His face was pale and his body shook in cold.
"V-Veena? I'm sorry, I don't know how this h-"
"Don't worry Kazuma. It's okay. I am just going out now, make sure go keep warm. I don't want my best shinki getting too ill!" I chuckled and he smiled warmly at me. I closed the door and walked away, smiling.
"Kinki, Gaiki, Suuki, Jinki, Shoki, Saiki, Shuuki, Rinki!"

Yato, you had better be okay...