Chapter 9

After our whirlwind trip to Vegas, it was time to go home and face reality. We boarded the jet and were preparing to take off. Kade was on his laptop working on bills for the bar as I sat across from him looking thru flower arrangements on my iPad for Emma's wedding. I looked up at him watching him eye his laptop. He looked so serious something I hadn't seen this weekend. He has been so relaxed and happy these last few days. I wondered how things would be with us now. I wasn't exactly sure how a real relationship would be with us both working all the time. Kade looked up from his laptop catching me staring at him.

"Everything ok babe?" What the hell was he a mind reader?

"Yeah, everything is fine," I said quietly not sure if I wanted to mention the fact that I was worried about him. We have had so much fun this weekend that I didn't want to ruin it now by worrying about the future.

"Addison your lying what is it?" He huffed putting his laptop down and getting up to sit beside me. The lights flashed telling us we were about to take off. I put on my seat belt and Kade buckled himself turning to me. "Be honest with me Addi what's bothering you? I can tell your thinking about something what is it?"

"It's us, Kade. How is this supposed to work? We both work all the time we don't even really know each other that well. I'm just wondering how things are going to be now?" I wanted to be with him I was just unsure what being with him meant.

"Don't worry baby we will make it work. I'll always have time for you Addi. We'll date and talk every day. You can spend weekends with me and when I have to go out of town you can come."

"It's not that simple Kade I run my company I can't take off with you every weekend. It was irresponsible for me to do that this weekend, luckily Nora took care of everything but I can't do that to her all the time it's my responsibility to be at these events."

"You don't have to be at all of them, babe. But I do understand. Maybe you should hire another event coordinator to help with the smaller events babe that way you can just focus on the big events."

"I have another coordinator but I still oversee everything I give her to do. Maybe I could let Nicole take over more responsibility. She is very good at what she does, I'll talk with her and see if she could take over more on the weekends. But it's still going to be hard Kade, with Emma's wedding plans in full swing I'm going to be very busy. This wedding is very important it could mean a lot of new clients for me."

"Then I'll move my schedule around and make time for you. We will make it work baby I want to be with you. If I have to I'll pack your stuff and move you in my condo to be close to you." He grins at me as the lights flash again and I realize we are in the air. I unbuckle and climb into his lap.

"I want to be with you too. Everything has happened so fast that my head is spinning a bit and my cautious side is worried that we aren't thinking this through." I tell him honestly wrapping my arms around his neck.

"There's nothing to think about babe this is what we want so we will make it a priority to be together." He kissed my forehead and settled his arms around my waist. I nodded and laid my head on his shoulder snuggling close to him. Over the last few days, I have found that being in his arms is my favorite place to be. He was like a magnet pulling me to him and once I was in his arms nothing else mattered but him. He ran his finger lightly across my back in circles. I closed my eyes relaxing into him.

The next thing I knew Kade was gently carrying me to the limo. I lifted my head looking at him yawning.

"What's going on?" I asked.

He laughed softly. "You fell asleep babe we are at the airport. I must have kept you from getting your sleep this weekend baby."

I laughed. "You did but I'm not complaining it was well worth it." James opened the limo door and Kade sat me down inside it, sliding in after me. "I hate I missed the plane ride now I have even less time with you," I whined and he smirked at me.