Chapter 12

I stepped out of the limo and made my way up the steps to Kade's building. As I entered the doorman smiled at me. Over the last few weeks, they had gotten used to seeing me. I went up the elevator to the penthouse and knocked on the door. Kade opened the door in black shorts hanging low on his hips and no shirt. His chest was dripping with sweat and he looked incredible. The Men of Steel were hot but they had nothing on Kade. Looking him up and down I almost forgot everything I came to talk about. It should be a sin to look so good. He grins.

"Hey, babe I'm glad you decided to come. I've missed you."

"I missed you too." I smile walking into his penthouse. Even though I'd been here a lot over the last month it still took my breath away. The living room had floor to ceiling windows and the view was amazing. The whole city was lit up I loved it.

"So what did you want to talk about babe? I was getting ready to take a shower. I did five miles on the treadmill and I'm soaked. You wanna join me, baby?" He kissed my forehead looking down at me.

"Kade do not distract me I really need to talk to you." I looked up at him.

"Ok Addi I'm listening what's going on?"

"Have you ever been married?" I asked boldly if I didn't just come out and say it I was afraid I never would.

His eyes widen. "Addison, what are you talking about? Why would you think that?"

"Kade just answer me! Have you or not?"

"I wasn't really prepared to tell you all of this yet but ok." He took a deep breath and sat down on the couch. "Yes I was married for a few months, but no one knows about it. I, um look this is really hard for me so just listen to everything before you form an opinion. Ok?"

"Ok, I'll try why does no one know about it?"

"Because we got married in a rush and before I knew what hit me she was demanding money and pretty much blackmailing me ok? I was in love Addi I really thought we'd be together forever." He ran his hands thru his hair and took a deep breath. "Jules was great at first we dated a few months and then she said she was pregnant. My dad flipped out and wouldn't allow us to have a child out of wedlock so we got married. We took off to Vegas and got married without anyone knowing but my dad. A month after we said I do I still hadn't been invited to a doctor's appointment and I caught her drinking wine one afternoon when I came home early. She wasn't pregnant at all. She wasn't anything like I thought she was. She started demanding money and clothes, a new car, and vacations. It was ridiculous. No matter what I did she wasn't happy. I told my dad and he decided I should divorce her and pay her off so no one would ever know that a Jacobs had been played. So that's what we did. I'm not proud of the fact that I paid her off but I really didn't see any other choice. If I hadn't of the whole world would have known she played me. Can you imagine what people would say? That the Jacobs family got played for a fool by a waitress. I was heartbroken and I didn't know what else to do." He looked up at me. He looked broken and scared. I felt bad for him. How could someone do that to him? No wonder his dad said the things he had said to me. "Addi I would have told you eventually I'm still a little gun shy, that's why I haven't had any more girlfriends since. I haven't let anyone else in except you. How did you know anyway?"

"Grant came to see me today." I looked down at the floor. I couldn't believe I had even doubted Kade he'd never given me any reason to. Damn Grant and his big mouth.

"Grant!? Are you serious Addison? What's he trying to win you back by digging up my past?"

"He made it clear that he wants me and he isn't giving up. But that doesn't matter Kade I want you. I need you to tell me things though I have a feeling Grant won't stop digging Kade."