Chapter 26

We joined the party thirty minutes after it began, if Kade had it his way we would still be upstairs.  Everyone was enjoying dinner when Nora came over to our table.  She looked at me nervously shifting on her feet. 

"What's wrong Nora?"  I questioned.

"I hate to bother you but I don't really have much choice there's a woman outside who refuses to leave.  She wasn't invited and we have tried everything to explain to her that it's a private party but she won't listen.  She wants to see Kade."  Kade's breath quickened beside of me and I raised an eyebrow at him. 

"Anything you need to tell me?"  I asked him and he shrugged. 

"Not really who is it, Nora?"  He reached over placing his hand on my knee like he was trying to hold me in place. 

"Umm well..." Nora looked like she was scared for her life. 

"Just spit it out already!" I groaned. 

"It's Jules."  She mumbled taking a few steps back from the table.  My heart began to race with adrenaline.  Why is this bitch showing up to my engagement party asking for my fiancé?  Kade patted my knee to calm me down as if that would help. 

"What does she want Kade?"  I growled at him. 

"I don't know but I'll go talk to her." 

"Like hell, you will!  This is our engagement party your not running off to talk to your ex-wife!"

"If I don't she won't leave.  Do you really want her to cause a scene for the media to get a hold of?"  No, I guess he was right they would have a field day with women showing up here to see Kade.  But I didn't like the idea of him leaving our party to talk to her alone.  Jealousy had taken over and she wasn't as nice as me. 

"Fine but I'm coming with you."  He shook his head.

"That's an even worse idea, the last thing we need is you in a catfight in front of the media." 

"It wouldn't be a catfight she wouldn't have a fighting chance.  Either I go with you or you don't go at all." 

"Babe nothing will happen I swear I'll get her to leave..."

"You are Not Going Alone!" I growled at him and he huffed.

"Fine come on."  He stood up and held his hand out for me.  I took it quickly and he led me outside to the gate.  As we approached the gate a tall blonde came into view.  Just the sight of her made my skin crawl.  Her blonde hair fell around her shoulders in waves, she had bright green eyes and enough makeup on for two or three folks.  She was wearing a skin-tight red dress that showed way too much cleavage.  "Kade!" She huffed and stomped her foot.  "I've been waiting out here for almost an hour! Let me in!"

Kade laced his fingers in mine and held my hand tightly.  "What do you want Jules?" 

She smiled sweetly at him. "I need to talk to you.  Alone!" She snapped looking over at me with disgust.

"We aren't going anywhere alone." Kade spat and she began to pout. 

"It will only take a few minutes Kade please..."  Her tone softened. 

"No just tell me what you want."  He ground out. 

"I want you! I said I was sorry! I promise to behave this time.  Please baby.."  She stepped closer and my blood began to boil. I've heard enough of this. 

"You might want to watch what you say next." I spat at her.  She eyed me up and down, laughing.

"And why is that?"