Chapter 16

A few songs in I felt the shots start to take effect. I was dancing and laughing with Darby. Nora and Alex had joined us, even Emma was on the dance floor grinding all over her new husband who had a huge grin on his face. Darby danced behind me and I danced up against her laughing.

"Damn! That's not something you see every day!" Alex grinned watching us.

"You're a shameless flirt you know!" I laughed at him.

"So I'm told!" He winked at me holding on to Nora as he danced with her.

Darby was twerking in front of me. Suddenly she stood up and leaned toward me. "Kade is watching you." She told me in my ear. I glanced around and sure enough, he was sitting at a table across from us. His tux jacket was gone and his bow tie was undone, he was holding a beer and staring right at me. I grinned at her and started grinding against her. She giggled. "Good idea Addi. Make him jealous of me?"

"Don't think it will work?"

She laughed. "No, find a guy to dance with if you really want to piss him off." Nora heard her and moved to Alex in front of me. "Dance with him. That will get his attention." I laughed at them and continued to dance. I looked across the yard to where Kade was sitting and smiled playfully at him. He just glared at me. Well if he was going to be an asshole then I'd make him regret it. I turned around pressing my back into Alex who was dancing with me.

"Addi you are really going to piss him off. This isn't a good idea." Alex shook his head at me and moved back to Nora.

I looked back to where Kade was and he got up from the table walking away. I guess he realized what I was doing. I sighed and grabbed Darby's arm. "I need another drink, Dar."

"Ok, but when you are puking later do not blame me." She led me off the floor to the bar. I took two more shots and decided to go to the bathroom. Darby lead me into the house when we got inside the foyer Darby stopped in front of me.

"Dar what are you doing the bathrooms down the hall." I moved around her and then I realized why she had stopped. Kade was standing at the bottom of the stairs with his arms around Sara's waist.  Her arms were around his neck and she was leaning into him smiling.  I felt like someone had knocked the breath out of me.

"Addi come on, let's just go," Darby whispered pulling my hand. When she did Kade looked up and our eyes met. The color drained from his face. He immediately let go of Sara and she stumbled back. "Addi it's not what it looks like she's drunk and I was just going to help her upstairs." He walked toward us.

"Upstairs to your bed Kade?! Don't bother ok! I mean you don't owe me an explanation we aren't together right?!" I screamed.

"Addi! Come on let's just go. Remember it's Emma's night and the backyard is full of guests." Darby tugged on my hand but I didn't move.

"I don't care, Dar! I really don't give a fuck anymore!!" I screamed. I was drunk, exhausted, and broken-hearted. I really didn't care what people thought I couldn't take anymore.

"You causing a scene at your own event could ruin your career. Please come on. We can get more shots if you want??" She smiled at me.

Kade just stood there staring at me. Sara was leaning on the stairs and really didn't have a clue what was happening.

"Sure why not maybe you can call up that stripper of yours.  I'm sure he has a friend for me right?" She grinned knowing exactly what I was doing. 

"Yeah if you want.  Come on."  I turned to leave with her. 

"Damnit, Addison!!! Stop trying to make me jealous!!" Kade growled.

"Why would you be jealous Kade?! You don't want me to remember!!"