Mask

10/22/15

I wish you never hurt me, I wish I could trust you like I use to be able to. I wish the hurt growing in my heart would seize.

     I look at you and I want to smile,  I want to be silly, but all I really want is to love you again, I want to say it randomly, and feel it without feeling betrayal first.

I wish I could look at you the same, but I can't.

When I look at you, I see all these girls. I see late night text that never went to me, I see wandering eyes who never just saw me.

How can I look at you and think you were or are still in love with me , when it never really was just me. You don't destroy the people you love, but you had no problem doing it to me. And don't say you didn't mean it like it comes across, because you knew what you were doing was wrong. You knew it the moment you felt guilty, you knew it the moment she crossed your mind and it wasn't me. You knew it when you had to hide it from me, or unlike her pictures and delete comments so I couldn't see. You knew it all along, you even told me you did it because you knew I'd never find out, you did it because you could.

But look who knows your dirty little secret, and you say you're in love with me.

But when there's love, you don't lie and deceive people with a reality that's wrapped in a nightmare...