1.

I remember the first time I saw you. It was a rather snowy day, the streets were cloaked and deeply masked with white snow, the incessant downpour was making everything look calm and even beautiful.

Although the windows in our apartment was lightly grimy, I could still see the continuous flowing of the snow outside.

I quickly trudged my way downstairs, saying my goodmornings to Mrs. North who lived across from us and was the only person who welcomed me when I first moved in in the apartment, I pulled my ear muffs on top of my beanie to keep my ears warm. Holidays in New York never changed, people walking about, the air smelled with a tinge of cinammon and peppermint, trees blanketed with snow, lamposts wrapped in christmas lights and couples holding hands that it was kind of cliché - like how you would describe them, and I feeling a bit jealous in my side, of course.

I continued walking towards our favorite coffee place near our apartment on 5th avenue taking in everything I was seeing. I always loved white christmases ever since so that's why I chose New York, the scene of snow and lights was definitely something - something I wanted to last forever.

I opened the café door hearing the soft jingle of the bell on top and the buzz of people talking, each holding a hot steaming cup of coffee. Sierra's Coffee house was situated between two busy streets that's why I could always see people come and go but that's not the only reason I go here, the coffee and espressos is to die for and is only served at a low price since it was family owned, and when you walk in, the smell of cooking butter, cinnamon and coffee beans was the first thing that'll greet you.

And there you are sitting at the very back, wearing a long black coat beside the window reading a book. The real reason I go to Sierra's Coffee house was because you were always there everyday.

Stalker much? Yes, maybe. Just a little.

I ordered an espresso and made my way to your table since the café was jam packed with people, my stomach was starting to knot and I could almost feel butterflies inside my stomach - or whatever people compare it nowadays. I could feel the ends of my lips tug in a smile as I bit my lower lip to stop myself from doing it since looking like an idiot was the last thing I had in mind.

I stopped beside your table as you look up from the rim of your mug, raising an eyebrow. "Hey, can I help you with something?" You first asked with that rich dulcet voice.

"I was just wondering if I could join you since all of the seats are almost taken." I said pointing a thumb with my good hand.

You nodded. "Yeah sure." And with that I took a seat across from you as I mumble a thanks and you return to reading your book which was A walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. I steal furtive glances over at your direction while I take a sip from my espresso. Your dark hair sweeping past your eyebrow and that single piercing in your right ear was the first thing I noticed, but the most attractive thing about you was your eyes.

It was different from the other. The right one was color blue - close to violet and the left one was in a very light shade of brown that was close to gold. You were the only person I knew that has those kind of eyes together with your long black eyelashes. They somehow looked like marbles gleaming under the sunlight. They looked beautiful.

I glanced over at your lips, which was pink and moving while you read and that small tinge of blush on your pale cheeks because of the cold. You pick up your mug and finished the remains of your coffee.

The same routine was repeated every single day, every morning. I never got tired of it. I would walk inside the coffee house greeted by your bright smile and a cup of espresso waiting just for me. We never exchanged names for a couple of days, we would always acknowledge each other with a "Hello there.", but the first time you asked about my name, you threw your head back hysterically, you thought I was joking.

"I never got the chance to introduce myself, I'm Nicholas by the way." You said offering your right hand. The name suited you the first time I heard it. Just perfect.

I took it and felt electricity run through my whole arm when I shook it. "Grey. My name's Grey."

"You're not joking, right?" You said not letting go of my hand and any second now I could faint because for the fact that you were holding my hand tightly across the table like you were not letting go, and inside I was hoping that you wouldn't.

And I was right. You didn't.

And you just went back to reading, still holding my hand across the table while I drink my espresso, I glanced over at your direction seeing you hide back your smile but it was so obvious. And we just stayed there unmoving.

The butterflies in my stomach was uncontrollable, the electricity in my arm moved all throughout my body and I wasn't planning on leaving. No, never.

And I thought, I could stay here forever.