6.

The oddest things in life always appears whenever unexpected, sometimes when you were serious and not in the mood for things and sometimes when you were extremely happy.

And this day is just plain normal, those days you could label as unimportant, actually it doesn't deserves a label to be honest, it just stucks out abnormaly like a sore thumb together with the others.

I was not sad nor happy this day, I tell you just plain boring.

Amazing isn't it? That days like this actually exist in the real world, days you would wish to skip not because you're angry, sad or feeling pissed about something but because the day itself feels a bit odd compared to the others.

It was pouring outside real hard like the gods above were angry. I could barely hear the movie playing on the television, I can't even understand a word they were saying.

At last you arrived. You opened the door with a wide smile printed on your face, your hair slightly damp because of the rain. You were wearing your long coat as you removed it and hanged it on the chair nearby before approaching me. I stood up slowly from the couch and hugged you so tight that you wheezed.

"What took you so long?" I asked, my words muffled against your t-shirt.

"I'm sorry, the traffic was very heavy." You said swaying our bodies lightly before leaving a kiss on top of my head.

"Though you still need to cook tonight after that dare I gave you yesterday." You added straightening my t-shirt.

"But you cheated." I groaned.

"It's called a distraction sweetheart." You replied kissing my lips lightly. That smug look on your face telling me that you were going to win this argument.

"Teach me your ways." I said walking closer.

"I can't sweetheart, it's a family secret." You said wrapping your arms around my waist.

"How could I convince you then?" I asked.

"Find a way."

And with that I stood up on my tiptoes and kissed you as you pushed me down on the couch and your hand going inside my t-shirt.

***

One stupid thing I would do every fifth of December is go to our old apartment and stay at the rooftop where snow would constantly flow on our heads. I go there because it's where we always end our anniversary dinner. We would walk up the stairs hand in hand and pull the door which opens to the rooftop where a tea table and a couple of chairs are already waiting for us there, and you would light a candle and place it on top of the table and we would always talk for hours, but right now it was bare, only a small potted sunflower plant is sitting at the tea table now.

I sighed before grabbing my jacket and put it on, arranging my beanie that fell lopsided a while ago. I walked downstairs and hailed a taxi. The yellow cab stopped in front of me as I pulled open the door and got in hearing a classic christmas song playing on the radio. I said the address of our old apartment while looking outside  seeing the white stuff falling on the windows.

I continued going there on our anniversary hoping that one day you would come, hoping that you still remembered. Having no communications is pretty hard, I can't tell if you're already dead or in another country traveling but it didn't stopped me from going there yearly.

I blinked profusely as a tear slipped down my cheek before whispering

Nicholas, please come.