10.

The snow increases tenfold in the late night of December as I shivered against the cold air, my teeth chattering non stop as I hugged myself tighter. The heater in our apartment was broken that time and there aren't any fireplace in the room too which makes everything colder.

"I think it's better if we stay over at your parents." I suggested.

"They're not home right now and I don't have a spare key." You replied, pulling me closer to somehow create body heat.

"But it's t-too cold." I said looking up at you.

We were laying by the couch watching Home Alone, wearing sweatpants and hoodies, all cuddled and tangled up in our embrace and a thick comforter covering our bodies.

"Don't think about it too much." You said kissing my forehead.

My teeth chattered loudly as I pulled closer to you, your arms wrapping around my whole body making me warm. You continued looking at me with that gold-violet eyes without saying a word, we just continued staring at each other for a long time.

Your eyes was burning on my face as you leaned a little closer.

"S-so c-cold." I said stuttering hardly.

"Shh." You hushed then quickly pushed your lips on mine to stop them from shaking.

"Now they won't shake anymore." You said pulling away.

"Wrong." I protested as I kissed you again.

***

No kisses and make out sessions could save us right now, I was left speechless as we both stare at each other for what seems like forever. I didn't expected you to come at all and I guess you could see that in my eyes, eyes that would be bursting with tears maybe in a second or so but was trying not to, to show the courage I had last night to let you know that I didn't mind bumping into you again.

"I'm here." You mumbled.

"I see." Was the only thing I could muster at the moment.

"You came." I said, looking at you. You're hair was cut off short and was all gelled up in a fashionable way but your gold and violet eyes was the one I missed truly, I haven't seen them in a very long time.

"I always come here." You answered.

Time. One thing we had between us, the wall that was just blocking us all along from each other for years. It seems odd and perplexing seeing the one you love standing in front of you again and imagined him coming here yearly but was just not destined for me to see and feel his effort from the past years.

"Funny to say, but is it fate that brought us back here?" I asked.

It is truly funny, two persons who almost doesn't believe in fate said those words and actually believed them for the very first time and was hoping that it is fate that brought them back and nothing else.

"Fate. Have you thought about it before?" You asked.

"No, we don't believe in that." I said looking at the ground that was partly covered in snow, my boots lightly sinking in.

"Yeah we don't, but right now I could say it is fate that brought us back." You said.

"Yeah." I whispered, stuffing both of my hands inside my jacket pocket.

"Does this mean anything like trust? Or something like that?" I asked, still not making eye contact.

"I don't understand." You said before sighing and it seems that you were thinking about what I said if it means anything to what you did.

I sighed. "I don't too."

And for a second you walked towards me quickly and held my shoulders.

"I know I was wrong but- I just can't take back everything I did Grey." You explained.

"I know." I said biting my lip on the sound of my name. You haven't said and neither did I heard it for years and any second I could throw my arms around you, I took a deep breath to stop myself from doing so.

And right then I felt scared. I wrapped both of my arms around myself because I felt unprotected for the first time, that anytime anything could hurt me and I would be left hurting again. But then I thought that anything can. I was scared to tell you anything, scared that I would be scarred once again, feel naked in front of you - not in a sexy way but in a very unprotected way.

"You made a mistake- a big one - could I actually do this? Show you that even though everything seems lost I still want you?" I finally whispered.

It took me some minutes to realize that I was here in the same position again. I could go both ways- I had a choice, to just walk out or stay. But to be honest I was in the middle, I can't make a choice.

You were standing close, so close that it almost hurts, but then you wrapped both of your arms around me and whispered those three words I wanted to hear in a very long time.

Stay with me Grey. Please stay with me.

And this time I was going to stay.