8.

The first time I thought you were not coming home for Christmas was just the saddest, it was on our secondth anniversary that you left for a small seminar for your writing and I was somewhat hoping that you'll show up even at the last minute of Christmas, I would still wait for you.

I looked outside the window as the snow was quietly falling on the ground as I hopefully waited for you at your parents' house. They were kind to invite me for a "small" celebration at your house on 2nd avenue. A lot of people were there - or I think there was, all of them were your relatives and a couple of them were family friends, the house was pretty big to accomodate that kind of crowd. Maybe there was about 15 to 20 people in your house.

I felt a bit out of place but your parents never stopped checking on me every minute or so, I liked them so much that they reminded me of my own parents, I felt somehow at home when I'm with them. I trudged over to the nearest window where I could see you when you arrive whilst holding a hot steaming cup of coffee between my hands which I took from the kitchen. I was wearing the knitted sweater that your mom made for me and was sent a week ago that has a reindeer at the front that she insisted me on wearing. I didn't argued though, I like the sweater.

"Still waiting for Nick?" A voice said.

I quickly spun around and saw a boy about our age that has the same color as your eyes, but his were the same color - deep blue that resembles violet. He has dark hair like yours and was wearing a blue scarf that matches his designer clothes.

"I'm Archer though, Nick's cousin." He said offering his right hand.

I gladly shook it before saying "Grey, Nick's-"

"Yeah I know. He talks about you non stop, I'm one of his closest cousins well all of us are close, we were raised like that." Archer explained.

I nodded and continued to look outside. Archer was very friendly and kept me company though I could slowly notice that the crowd was slowly decreasing every hour until it was just me and your parents alone in the house once again.

I sat sadly on the couch in front of the fireplace with tears in my eyes. I looked over at the clock that ticks to 11:00 pm.

And from that moment I stopped expecting that you would come although you promised me you would come home for Christmas.

I sighed and finished the remains of my fifth cup of coffee from the kitchen.

"Grey, we still haven't gave you our gift, why don't you come with us at the living room." Your mom said. I followed suit behind them until we reached the living room where a big box was lying there.

"Oh my- you didn't have to." I cried out.

"Oh no worries, you deserve this one. Go on and open it."

I walked slowly towards the large box and untied the ribbons quickly and when I was about to open the flaps, you came popping out from inside wearing the same sweater I was wearing and a beanie on top of your head.

"Merry Christmas Grey!" You shouted.

And with that I grab ahold of your collar and kissed you.

***

I walked the last steps to our old apartment, letting out a breath I didn't knew I was holding. I looked at the building that grew out to be the same since the last time I saw it.

I walked up the steps as I was greeted by the same doorman we had for about a decade now and still continue to let me in even though I wasn't living here anymore. I walked in in the elevator and waited. Once I've reached the highest level, I got out and walked straightly to the stairs that leads to the rooftop.

I held the doorknob expecting that this time you'll be standing on the other side. I opened it seeing the white snow slowly falling over my head as I walk over the tea table seeing the whole place deserted.

If you would come, you will.