O N E

"My parents warned me about the drugs in the street, but never about the ones with brown eyes and a heart beat."

I woke out of my sleep feeling the soft paws of my kitten, Amy pawing my arm. I opened my eyes, smiling at the cuteness. She meowed at me before climbing off the side of my bed. She's so small it scares me when she jumps off, I peeked around the edge to see if she landed fine when she meowed again.

"You must be hungry." I giggled climbing out of my bed. I walked to my bedroom door pulling it open, Amy ran out quickly towards the kitchen.

I hummed to Amy while giving her food and water in her pink dishes, then I left her to eat her food in peace. I thought over if I had anything on today's to do list, grabbing my phone which was lighting up and vibrating.

I seen my father was calling while sitting down on my four posted bed and accepted the call. "Hello?"

"Noah Jane, what took you so long to answer my calls?" My father questioned instantly.

"Sorry." I mumbled, walking inside my bathroom.

"Do you know what day it is?" He asked.

"It's Friday.. I'm pretty sure." I said slowly, while sitting down on the toilet. Everyone's gotta go in the mornings.

"Don't you remember what I told you last Friday?"

He's full of questions today, huh?

"Do I have to get my wisdom teeth out?" I gasped in fear. I knew that was happening soon but not this soon.

"We have to talk then, meet me at the cafe across the street for lunch." He sounded anxious, before hanging up. I scoffed at looking at the iPhone in my hands. He never hangs up with a proper goodbye.

I did my usual doings in the morning of brushing my teeth and showering and now was standing in my closet while You Should Be Here by Kehlani played loudly through my bedroom sound system.

I know had only thirty minutes to find something to wear for lunch with my father. I tried to think about what he told me but it must have truly escaped my mind. My fathers a British man, he talks a lot and I rarely listen to what comes out. It's probably going to be something involving money.

In roughly twenty minutes I was dressed, with my hair and makeup finished. I grabbed my hater blockers aka waterbug sunglasses, phone, clutch and kissed Amy a million times before walking out of my suite.

The sound of my stilettos on the marble floor filled the hall as I walked to the elevator, that'd take me from the tenth floor down to the main lobby. I hit the open button, waiting for the golden doors to slide apart.

"Just the pretty lady I wanted to see." The cutest of the hotel staff smiled from inside the elevator as I stepped in.

"Hi Cole." I smiled, placing my waterbugs over my eyes.