T W E N T Y FIVE

Justin's POV

"I don't even wanna go back to Miami," she leaned on me as we walked on the beach with her arm wrapped around mine. The night sky clashing with the black water, the stars shining bright enough to reflect in her eyes when she looked up at me. You can't see the stars this well in the city or that sparkle in her eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked, "Miami's your home." I lifted the bottle of cheap vodka to my lips and took a sip and shivered, vodka is not what I prefer.

Noah looked out at the water, watchin' the waves crash on the shore over and over again as the breeze blew around us. We stopped walking suddenly and she took the bottle from me smiling, "you're my home."

She drank from the glass bottle as my heart did back flips in my chest and I smiled a smile that I simply couldn't hide, "but what about your actual house where your clothes and your shoes are?"

Our eyes fell at her bare feet as she curled her toes in the sand.

She laughed, "my house is probably destroyed after that party-" then she groaned, "I probably shouldn't be laughing about it."

She handed me the bottle and I downed the last gulp. "Well, we could stay in this little town forever?" I suggested with a smirk and a shrug. I carelessly chucked the empty bottle into the water like a football player throws the football at the Superbowl.

I don't like football much, I'm more a hockey fan.

I lost my balance because of how hard hard I threw it and I stumbled forward. Noah caught me by the hand and we somehow ended up in the sand- that could be a lyric for a song. I laughed so hard that my stomach ached.

"Are your hands okay?" She wondered, taken my hands in hers when our laugher begin to die down.

Noah doesn't remember what happened at my party but I do.

"They're fine," I kissed her knuckles, "but not as fine as you." She rolled her eyes and turned away laughing. I took a deep breath, knowing that I need to tell her what happened- remind her why we had to leave.

"Do you remember the night my father told me that my mother was sick?" She came back and rested her head on my chest- we were in the sand and it was chilly out, but we were too drunk and in love to care.

"I remember," I licked my lips- nodding my head. I've filed the memory far in the very back of my mind 'cause it isn't one of my fondest moments with Noah. Unfortunately, I couldn't forget what happened that night if I tried.

"Before all that happened, you called me and asked me to go somewhere with you, do you remember?"

That was the night Stella and I came back to Miami after paying Coles dues- more like selling. I had money burning a hole in my pocket and just wanted to take her somewhere special and be alone but nothing went the way I hoped it would. I was gonna ask her to be my girlfriend, before I ever got the chance to make that mistake.

What happened back then doesn't even matter now and that is why I smiled, "and now you are somewhere with me."

She raised her lip, "I'm getting bored of this town," glancing over her shoulder she suggested, "how 'bout-" she leaned back on my chest and wrapped my arms around her, "Italy!" I laughed and she spun around to look at me, "I can learn more about my Italian side! Oh and, Stella could even fly out and meet us there, if you'd like." She grinned while playing with the strings on my hoodie; she's always done that.

I've been avoiding Stella's calls the past few days that we've been here, so Noah thinks that I'm upset with her because of something that happened at my birthday party. I'm actually avoiding her because I'm not ready to know just how bad I've fucked up this time.