F O U R T E E N

Noah's POV

"Are you nervous?"

"No," actually, "yes."

Elle scoots away from the extremely, tinted window and wraps her arm around mine. "You're gonna be so, freaking great!" She quietly cheers and smiles wide. I sigh and smiled too, resting my head on her shoulder.

Today's the day, well the night. It's Christmas and, we're on our way to the Annual Holiday Hayes. What if I miss up or fall off the stage? Or, like forget the lyrics? I only had two days to rehears because I slept one entire day away. Jet lagged is quite, crazy. I've been nervous all week and tonight, my stomach is over packed with flutters and my head is already spinning.

My father wanted me to have the whole superstar experience- his exact words, that includes arriving in a limo, professional hair and makeup and I spent the whole morning being dressed up and undressed like a, baby doll, before I finally found something I liked and that fit my style.

"I'm really happy you're here," I said.

"I'm happy to be here, in New York city and with you, my bestfriend." Elle said, squeezin' my hand in hers. My palms are sweaty from the nerves, but she's so sweet- she didn't comment on it.

I'm singing the song that an anonymous, somebody wrote for me.

The mistletoe is where I'll be waiting, meet me there.

I've read and repeated the lyrics countless times. The band that I'm performing with helped me complete the song, we gave it a beat and it's a ballad and very, beautiful. I believe the writer will, possibly be waiting underneath the mistletoe for me. I don't promise to kiss them but I'd love to know who they are and I want to thank them.

I haven't said anything to Elle about the song because I want it to be a surprise for her and everybody else.

"Paparazzi?" Elle whined, pulling away from me. I'm not gazing out the window like her because the closer we get the more nervous I become and watching the buildings pass would probably make the drive even quicker. Elle and I got ready at a different hotel a few blocks away, then the limo picked us up. Kayla stayed at Hotel Hayes though and, that's why she isn't with us now- not that I'm complaining.

The superstar experience also includes paparazzi. Eddy made sure that everyone in New York city knows his daughter is performing at his hotel tonight, for his Christmas party.

"Don't worry about them," I shrugged. "They'll just take pictures as we walk by." I don't want Elle freaking out or panicking. I'm already trying my hardest to hold myself together. I've had a few encounters with paps and it's uncomfortable and nerve wracking because anything you say they can twist, so you must be careful and cautious. "It's a big event, you didn't think there'd be paps?" I forced a laugh, and moved over to Elle's window and looked outside.

Oh my, I was expecting paps but not this many! I gasped, my hand flying to my mouth. I can't even see the hotel doors because all the bodies blocking it. They rush to get their cameras ready as our car comes to a slow stop, directly in front of them. I turned my head and looked at Elle, I seen the fear on her face. Why's she so scared? This hasn't ever happened to her before and it isn't for a horrible reason like my first encounter was.

"It's alright Elle. We'll go in together, side by side." I held our interlocked hands up and smiled.

She sighed, falling back against the leather seats. "I wanna tell you something- before we go in."