In The Middle Of Starting Over

Merry Friggen Christmas 🎁
Here's that chapter I've been promising, I hope you guys like it. I love you my beautiful loyal readers.

Reaching the top of the stairs with the little one tucked soundly asleep in my arms, I opened the door and stepped back into the room where my family was. My little sisters were fortunately still sound asleep. While my mother was still talking to my mates but much quieter now and finally there was my brother sitting in a chair crying silently to himself. Walking over to the bed I laid the little girl down right in between my siblings who immediately gravitated towards her body heat. Laughing to myself, I began walking towards the shaking shoulders that was my brother.

"Ronnie.."

No response. kneeling down, I continued to softly call his name looking for some kind of a response. Finally he looked up at me his face blotched with red patches and tears. My heart breaking at the sight, I didn't say a word just wrapped him in my arms. I held him till his tears ran dry and he was left hiccuping. Wiping his face I stood him up, giving him one more hug.

" I know you're upset and that's okay. Just know there is nothing you could have done to help and I would never put you at risk like that. The only thing that ever crossed my mind was protecting you guys. That will always be my first priority sweetheart. One day you'll grow up and you'll understand, I just had to grow a bit quicker. Don't worry though everything's finally gonna be okay! I'm home Ronnie and I'm here to stay! I'm not going anywhere ever again. Except maybe to move you all in with me and my mates. "

At the sound of moving I saw my mom turn her head in my direction before going back to chastising my mates. Who as I could tell were enjoying every bit of it.

" Let's go home... "

Maybe this was the start of something new, I was happy and the world was calm. My family is safe, i was safe.

* A week later *
" Sia! "
I turned to the sound of three little voices that I expected were headed right for me. My eyes sparkling with laughter as I was tackled by Si-lan, Ri-lan and little Kamaria. Not far behind I spotted the rest of the pack children but i just laid there and giggled. My body relaxed as each child began to lay by my side and close their little eyes. I had tired the little ones out and now they just wanted to be close to their Luna. I just laid there for a long time as pack members started grabbing their pups. My own adopted pup and siblings were waiting for my handsome mates to come out of a meeting that I had opted out of. Closing my eyes I was transported to a lake with a simple raft in the middle that I sat on. I looked into the water and watched this blue wolf stare at me with sick wisdom and sadness in her eyes.

" War... War is coming and one you love will not survive... one you love will be found... a hero of the blue goddess shall be called, and all will be thrown into chaos. Be wary life is only calm for the moment. "

My face had lost its frown as I followed the gaze of the wolf and saw the shadows growing.
Closing my eyes I woke to the worried looks of my mates and my mother.
" You were mumbling... and crying in your sleep. What's wrong sweetheart? " my mother asked as she reached for me but I flinched away.

My head lifting towards the now dark sky I
spoke with tears clouding my eyes " War is coming and I am powerless to stop it. "

This Chapter is dedicated to a woman who stood by my side to keep me on the right path as I struggled in life and encouraged me. This woman who knew me not but refused to let me give in on myself...
Thank you bessie1913