Chapter Eight: Airi

Chapter eight

------------------

Airi

--------

I was in the store when all of a sudden I felt like my mate was in trouble. Not taking any chances I run out the store forgetting my brother. As I'm running I feel a sharp pain in my side making me wince but I keep running. I hear foot steps behind me so I tense up but the my brothers in my head growling it's just me. We run till we finally see our mate and our wolves do not like what they see. I can feel my wolf trying to take over but I stop it realizing this a heavily human populated street. Me and brother growl before I swing the dude? making him hit ground whimpering in pain. I turn away from him. As soon as I turn I find my brother pulling the knife out her side. I turn back to the man but he's gone. My wolf and I growl in anguish knowing we let the man that hurt our mate get away. I turn back to my brother, and see him wrapping his shirt around her side. I pick her up whimpering because she's barely breathing. I take off running to get her to my our house so the doc can take care of her. As I enter the house I roar for the doc. She slinks in looking terrified but then she spots Sia. " Is she the packs...?" I nod and she instantly takes over telling me to lie her on my bed as she runs to get her supplies. She comes back and sets to work. Me and my brother pull up a chair next to the bed not wanting to leave her. When the doc is done she tells us good luck and walks out. We sat up waiting for two days and I guess we fell asleep because the next thing I know, I hear my mate scream. It wakes both and my brother cause us to growl. I walk towards her figure standing in the door and me and my brother wrap our arms around her. She tenses up then relaxes leaving me confused. Eric picks her up sitting her on the bed but as soon as he does she try's to get up . I push her back down because the doc said she needed to rest but as I hover over her she whispers my name. "Yes?" I answer. "I have to pee" she says blushing. I get off her as my brother carries her to the bathroom. When she comes back she's still exhausted, she lays down and falls right back asleep. I look at her peaceful face before getting up to go shower. I know as soon as I'm done I'm going to have to call my farther with the news of what happened.