He said No.

Phil
I'm sat at a booth in a grungy bar somewhere, lost and drunk. I don't know how long I've been sat here, but it feels like it's been a lifetime. After Dan and I got in an argument, I hopped on a bus and headed out to the middle of nowhere.
Sure, I probably should have thought this through. And sure, I probably could have just gone to a friends house. But honestly, I just wanted to get as far away as I could.
Though being here, so far away, I feel too far away. I'm worried and vulnerable.
'Hey, cutie.' A girl, a short girl, with grey hair that cuts off at her shoulders, slings her leather jacket over the side of the adjacent seat and slides in beside me.
'Hi.' I keep my eyes down and take a sip from my water, which was recently swapped onto my table instead of alcohol by a helpful bartender.
'Why so shy?' She slides in further and I get nervous. 'Don't you want to talk to me?' She pouts and takes a strand of my hair between her fingers, twisting it and raking her fingers through my hair like I'm one of those stylist heads.
'I'm waiting for someone,' I lie, not looking up. 'Sorry.'
'Don't lie to me,' she cups my chin in her hand and a shiver rocks my body. I don't feel comfortable, but I'm pressed up against a wall and genuinely unable to get out. 'I know you're alone. How about I keep you company?' Her other hand snakes down my chest.
'No thanks, I'm waiting for someone.'
'Hard to get? I like that.' And she lunges - literally pounces on me - towards me, smacking her face against mine. I try to squirm and push her away but she's stronger than me. Her tongue dances uglily and I try so hard to keep her away from me, but she just won't leave. She pulls away slightly and I let out a short sigh, panting. 'Still waiting for someone?'
'Please go.' I plead desperately. This wasn't what I wanted. She looks around and turns back to me, a glint in her eyes. Normally I'd find this quality to be endearing, but in a stranger who is taking advantage of me when I'm drunk, it's not appreciated.
'There's no one here,' she says, pushing her body against mine, knees on either side of my waist to hold down my arms, and running her long, sharp nails over my chest again. She reaches for a button on my shirt. Please no. 'And I'm willing to go if you are, but if you prefer to do it here...'
'Help!' I call out, desperate that someone will hear me. There's a song playing in the background, a faint hum to mask my fear. 'Someone, help!'
'Oh yeah!' She calls out seductively, trying to hide my cries. She presses herself against me again and bites my tongue. I squeal and push myself into the booth sofa again, but to no avail. 'Yes!' She says, even louder as she pulls away for a second.
'Ex-excuse me?' A voice stammers beside me. Never before have I been so grateful to see someone. 'Is everything o-okay h-here?' The bartender appears from nowhere and glares awkwardly at the scene, obviously uncomfortable.
'Everything's fine, just leave please.' She says as she runs a cold, sharp hand down my back. I squirm and beg the bartender to help with my eyes. Please, please, please.
'I think you'll find that he said no.'
'I'm sorry? I asked you to leave.' Her tone is bitter, but she's distracted. I throw myself to the side and push away from her, falling from the booth sofa to the floor in a heap.
'I suggest that you leave before I call the police and file a harassment case.' The bartender says. I've never felt so thankful towards someone before in my life.
'Screw you.' She spits at the bartender. In a pair of tacky looking heels, she steps over me and turns towards me to spit some final obscenities before swivelling out of the door.
Leaning down, the bartender offers me a hand. 'Looks like you've had quite a day.'
'You don't know the half of it.' Graciously, I accept her hand and haul myself up. 'You don't have a phone, do you?'
'I do, indeed.' She fiddles around her change-pouch and hands me a mobile phone. Immediately I dial Dan's number, but I don't press call.
'I just wanted to say thank you, I don't know where I would have been without you.'
'It's alright, it happens a lot in bars. I'm glad you're alright.' She smiles a beautiful smiles and glances down at her shoes. Not wanting to embarrass her, I press call and speak to Dan who apologises and promises to pick me up as soon as possible.
'Is there anyway I can repay you?' I ask the bartender, offering her phone back to her. She takes it with a nod.
'Nothing at all, I'm just glad I actually did something productive with my evening.' Dan pulls up almost instantly and I pull upon the door.
'Wait a second!' The bartender calls out to me. 'Stay safe.' She stops short beside me and smiles.
'Only if you promise to keep helping people.'
'It's all I ever do.' She smiles and puts a hand loosely on my arm, hovering gently. We say goodbye and I step outside to the car.
It's nice to know that people out there are looking out for me and that even in the darkest times, there's always a light somewhere.