New Neighbours - Part 12 *FINALE*

“I can’t believe you’re actually going, Y/N.” I sigh.

“This thing’s come up in Florida, it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity.” Dan edges towards me slowly, and ties himself around my waist. It disgusts me that he still thinks he can do this. I’ve not forgiven him, or Phil for that matter, for what happened with Katie. And let’s say that Katie made a sudden exit from my life too when I may or may not have told her that she’s ruining my friendships and my life.

“But I don’t want you to leave.” I force my way away from him and look him in the eyes.

“Like I believe that.”

“Y/N, Do you really need this?” I need you more, I think. I need you and Phil more than any trip or job, but I can’t live like this- pretending that everything’s okay, that they’re always going to be mine, that they love me.

“Yes.” I say abruptly. “Come visit me sometime.” For the final time, I lock my arms around his neck. Perfectly, his arms fit around my waist. Without another word, I walk over to Phil.

“I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too, Phil.” My eyes flicker to the ground and my long curly hair follows, covering my face.

“I’ve caused you so much trouble. You know that, I just want to say something before you go,” Before he can continue, I do what I’ve wanted to do for a long time. I pull him towards me and kiss his lips. I’m taken aback by the whole event, but with no hesitation from Phil, I feel unexplainably emotional.

“I love you.” Quietly, I begin involuntarily sobbing.

“I was just going to say sorry. But Y/N,” He grips my face and wipes away the tears. “I love you.”

“I have to leave, Amelia will be waiting for me in America, and if I don’t go, I’ll be late.” Dan sheepishly walks over and joins me. “I love you guys, so much. I promise I’ll skype you as soon as I get there.” As I clutch my suitcase and begin to turn away, Dan takes my wrist. Almost as though it was previously arranged, Phil pats Dan on the back and walks to the car.

“Please, just for a minute. I was stupid, I let you lose all your trust for me, you believed in me and I let you down. Y/N, You’re my everything; I know that there’s no job out there, you’re leaving because of me. I’m so sorry. I want to know what I can do to make it up.” The desperation in Dan’s eyes really shows, but I know I have to leave.

“Dan, listen. I loved you from the first time you answered the door, if I could stay I would. You have to understand that I’m leaving because I need to grow up, I did my job- I helped you two become friends again. I don’t want to say goodbye.” Dan takes my hand.

“Then don’t. Stay here with me and Phil. We’ll all go on holiday to Florida in the summer, I promise. Please don’t leave me.” I want to stay so bad, but I need to go.

“Dan, I need to go.” I pull my wrist away and look sternly towards him.

“At least let me say goodbye.” Like in the movies, he puts his warm hands on my rosy cheeks and slowly presses his lips against mine. I go to a surreal world, where everything feels perfect. The moment feels so perfect. Dan is so perfect. Phil is so perfect. My life is so…perfect. Why would I ever want to leave my already perfect life?

DAN’S POV

I stare at her as she walks away so gracefully. I can’t watch. She climbs the coach steps without looking back at me. To my surprise, she turns around, the coach driver follows her out and gets her bags out.

“He’s a keeper.” The coach driver says to Y/N as she closes the doors.

YOUR POV

Dan looks so confused, I’m afraid I made the wrong decision- maybe he’s annoyed. I guess we’ll find out. I drop my bags and run up to Dan. He lifts me up and I wrap my legs around his waist.

“I love you, Dan.”

“Don’t ever leave me again, Y/N. I love you.” And once again, we kiss. I feel so perfect in my perfect moment, in my perfect life with my perfect boyfriend and perfect best friend. I couldn’t wish for anything more.­