Chapter Nine-Court of the Elves

The Elvanmgin Elven Court, (as it was known in the land of Gaewlim), was so bright that Squire Andrew blinked his eyes.

      He watched Lady Emmaline Doqalene stride boldly onward in an imperious manner. She was ignored by King Elforan, his wife, Queen Eklena, and their children, Prince Endreion, and Princess Eoina.

      They all held the Court with grace...and power.

      And they could kill anyone without thinking if anyone threatened their land...and Kingdom. Also, it was unheard of that any human could immerse himself in their High Elven Society. And, then, to their shock, they saw Squire Andrew, and then they stopped talking to their fellow High Elven Kings, Queens, Princes, Princesses, and Elven Special Advisors, as the young, human Squire felt every elven eyes sear into his body, as if to rip his heart out.

    "Venduui, M'King Elforan Queen Eklena, Prince Endreion, and Princess Eoina. Due to extraordinary circumstances, a human Squire has arrived to serve me because his own family has disowned his own kind. Save for a caring, human older brother, he feels is not worthy of living in his Kingdom. And, as a result, he wants to live among the Elves". Lady Emmaline Doqalene said, as she knelt on the elven green colored mat, and bowed.

        "This is not good. We can't have our enemies coming here. This won't do!", King Elforan said angrily.

         "But you must know that the Elves shall make considerations on a case by case basis. Besides, the more time Squire Andrew stays here, the more elven he'll become", Lady Emmaline Doqalene announced, as the Squire saw everyone stare at him with curious looks that told him that they didn't want any humans in their Realm.

      "M'King. I am not going to kill anyone here. I do not belong in my Kingdom; I don't belong anywhere. M'Lady has graciously offered to come to your lands. That is most that I could wish for. Unless I go to the Ports. In short, there's no future in my lands. As you can see, I am not going to interfere in the Royal Families' affairs; I am a Squire. That's all!", Squire Andrew bowed. He waited to die...

      ...But, after several minutes...death didn't come...

      ...Squire Andrew was alive.

~~~

Page 9