3} The Arrest: Part 2 <edited>

This is a carry on from the last chapter.
------------

"Well as you probably know, the Freezing alchemist has recently been attacking guards throughout Central-" Roy was cut of by a loud sigh from Ed.

"Yeah, yeah we know all of this! He likes water and you guys want us to bring him in, simple. Come on Al, let's get to work." Ed stands and begins to go over to the door.

"Wait! Lt.(l/n), you are in charge of them. Make sure they don't do anything stupid in my absence." He smirks at you when you roll your eyes. Great and now I have to babysit Tin-man and midgit!

"Yes colonel." You mock salute him and follow the two boys out of his office.

"So, where do we start big brother?" Al turns to you and his brother, waiting for an answer.

"We should go to the last attack scene, he may have been careless and left something behind there." Ed suggests and you nod.

"Not a problem. I have been following this case...closely, I know where the most recent incident occurred. Follow." You walk ahead of both of them and lead them out of the main gates.

You walk for a while, your military uniform making locals look your way as if expecting something bad to happen at any moment. You walk almost a mile before you come to the alley where the last attack happened.

You look up and see the sun beginning to fade slowly. Just as you are about to turn the corner, sudden movement catches your eye. You pull yourself back and lean against the wall, putting an arm out to stop Ed and Al. Peeking your head around the corner, you see a familiar figure. Daddy.

You turn to tell Ed but notice him gone. Suddenly you see blue Sparks and see a spear like weapon fly down the alleyway towards your father. Damn it that little brat is going to ruin the mission! You step into the alley as Ed and Al fight him. You clap your hands and place them on the ground. A high wall rises out of the ground between the Elrics and your dad. He looks at the wall slightly confused before turning to see you.

"Daddy!" You sob and run to him, opening your arms and jumping on him before he can react. He brings up his arms too and holds you tightly.

"(Y/N)!" He whispers into the crook of your neck, tickling you slightly. "It's been so long!"

"Daddy, I have to bring you in." You say softly, almost timidly.

"I know you have to try but I won't go down that easily." He pushes you off of him and towards the wall, snapping his fingers. A puddle on the ground springs towards you and freezes you to the wall by your shoulders. You cry out in frustration as he makes another puddle freeze completely around both of your hands. Now I can't even use alchemy to get out!

The wall you built suddenly explodes and stone hails down on you, one piece falling on your cheek and leaving a deep cut. You gasp and try to break out of the ice holding you to the wall.

Ed walks through the clearing dust and stops when he sees you. He begins to walk to you but is hit by your father. You watch helplessly as the three start to fight.

"I got this Al! You get (y/n)." Ed calls to all and he begins to pull at the hard ice pinning your shoulders to the wall.

"Just get rid of the ice around my hands!" You snap at him impatiently. He puts his two large hands around each of yours and squeezes very hard. The ice shatters, scratching the surface of your metal palms. You wince but snap your fingers, melting the ice on your shoulders. Quickly turning to the fight you dive straight in. Your father locks eyes with you and winks, snapping his fingers and filling the alleyway with hot steam.

I shouldn't let him get away! You ignore the warning in your head and pause only briefly before snapping your own fingers and changing the steam to snow, which gently falls on the three of you. Ed turns to you and glares.

"You let him go! If you hadn't have put up that stupid wall we would have him in custody! Why did you let him get away?" He shouts at you.

"I didn't tell you to go in, you disobeyed my orders. Besides, he's killed hundreds of men in his lifetime so what makes you think that you could beat him? You were in over your heads!" You scream back and turn away, walking back towards central. "When you're done here meet me in Hughes office and we'll discuss how to handle this case." You storm back to central and review the case over and over until you spot a pattern. You connect all the sites together and gasp. I need to find that dwarf!