14} So We Meet Again

Ed's POV

I could do nothing but lie there as Scar towered over me and prepared to deliver the final blow, I was ready for it to happen so long as he was true to his word and left Alphonse alone. I closed my eyes and waited for his hand to reach my head.

But something stopped him.

Well someone at least, I could vaguely make out the voices of Mustang, Hawkeye and then the Booming shouts of Armstrong but that's just about all I could hear, the whole experience had disorientated me too badly to even move.

One minute I was ready for death and the next thing I know, Jean Havoc was pulling me to my feet and moving me out of the way, wrapping his jacket around my shoulders, avoiding the wrecked wiring of my shattered automail.

The soundscape of the intense fight came to my ears slowly then all at once as Armstrong swung punch after punch at the man, who nimbly dodged each hit.

As the Major throws his punches and destroys the vast majority of the street with his alchemy, the faint sound of pounding footsteps and then a distinctive howling sound which follows draws my gaze away from the fight and to the surrounding area.

There's only one person I know who would be running around central with a wolf. (Y/n).

Armstrong throws a chunk of debris into the air and as it falls he punches the hunk towards Scar, making it transform into an arrow of sorts on its journey. Scar easily dodged it and as it flew past him the soldiers who would have been in its destructive path scattered, albeit needlessly.

For as the stone arrowhead flew past him, a certain girl and her four legged companion sprinted past the wall of soldiers, much to Mustang's surprise, and skidded to a halt merely meters ahead of the bolt. We all watch as she claps her hands and raises her arm to directly collide with the metal of her palm.

"(Y/n)!!" I shout, there is no way she could stop that bolt, it's moving too fast and has too much power! It is going to go through her if she isn't careful!

But it didn't.

The stone seemingly melts around her hand and instead of going through her she pushes her other palm forwards too and the strangely shaped rock flies back in scars direction. This time he is too slow to dodge and it knocks him onto the floor.

How did (y/n) do that?

-----
(Y/n)'s pov

Gotta love flowing alchemy.

As Scar hits the ground I'm already rushing forwards and holding him down with my knees on his and my arms pinning his own to the ground.

"Give up, you aren't getting out of this one!" I yell as he starts struggling underneath me and Hokori growls too as he prowls around Scar and me.

"You're wrong."

I Yelp out in pain and shock as he twists my left arm, brings his other hand up to my own and with one flash I feel the entire false limb shatter into tiny fragments and wires. He uses my shock against me and knees me in the stomach before throwing me off of him, my limp body rolling to a halt after hitting the curb.

"(Y/N)!!!"

I look up and see Ed on the other side of the road, his remaining arm reaching out towards me. There is no doubt in my mind that he would be running to my side were it not for Havoc holding him back.

I smile slightly and heave myself to my feet, with the help of Hokori who lets me lean on him until I am steady.

"You ready Hokori?"

"Grrrrrr."

As Armstrong swing his next punch, scar jumps backwards to avoid it.

"Now!" I shout, sprinting flat out towards him before jumping and swinging my leg towards his head in an attempt to knock him out. Hokori simultaneously dashes at Scar, aiming for his ankles.

I watch as my foot inches clothed and closer to Scars head, I even grin at the thought of how much this hit is going to hurt. But before I can tell what's happening, my foot is no longer about to hit him. With impossible speed he must have ducked or something because I feel his fist hit my back and propel me forwards, right into the conveniently placed brick wall.

All the air leaves my lungs in one rush and with all the grace of a baby deer - ie no grace at all - I half-bounce-half-slide off of the wall.

Shit. He got me again!

With an intense anger in the pit of my stomach, I use the wall to pull myself up again, reaching my feet just in time to see Scar's foot fly forwards and connect with Hokori's stomach area.

Once again all the air leaves my body and I can taste the blood as its forced up my throat, leaving my mouth as I cough. I clutch at my abdomen and sink back down the wall again.

I only just healed my ribs and now this?

I hear whimpering and my attention snaps back to Hokori, who is trying desperately to limp away from Scar. But he is too weak.

"No!" I push off the wall and stumble towards them, watching with wide eyes when Scar lands another kick.

I scream as my legs give out and everything goes black.

------------- (sorry the pov keeps changing)-----------

Ed's pov

Her scream makes me shiver and my fist clenches. I'm going to kill him.

I push Havoc off of me and start to run. Armstrong resumed his attacks after (y/n) passed out and he managed to goad him away from their bodies. Hawkeye finally set up her guns for a good shot and has been waiting for the right moment for the past five minutes but Scar is just too fast.

There is no point in me trying to help, I'm useless with only one arm, so I steer clear of the fight and instead I skid to a halt next to (y/n) and kneel, cradling her head in my remaining arm.

Hawkeye takes her shots and grazes Scar, knocking off his glasses to reveal his scarlet eyes, but before we can get him he busts his way down into the sewers to escape.

"It's ok now. You're fine now." I whisper to (y/n), wishing I had my other arm so I could hold her properly and wipe the blood off of her face. Her eyes flutter open and meet mine, which I could feel were tearing up.

"A...alph..onse...." She coughs, trying to sit up to see him.

Alphonse?

ALPHONSE! 

I quickly hand (y/n) over to Havoc and run back to Al.

I can't believe I forgot about my own brother, the only person I have left to care about on this planet! What is she doing to me?? Why do I even care this much about some girl??

----

I think it's on time but oh well, thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed it!