13} Troublesome Brothers

Thanks for your positive reaction to the last chapter, it's exactly what I needed to motivate me and boost my confidence, hope this chapter is good for you guys!
--------

(Y/n)'s POV

"So this is goodbye then?" Maes and Armstrong had come to the station to wave me off, although Ed was nowhere to be seen. For some strange reason I felt a pang of disappointment and for a moment I thought I felt longing.

Crazy right? It's not like Ed had any obligation to be here or anything. I knew he had things way more important than me but I inexplicably searched for his face or the telltale splash of scarlet from his coat.

"I'll see you soon Sir, you can always come up north to visit anytime you want." I said as I forced a smile and playfully punched his arm. "Well then, I should probably-"

"Fullmetal???" I hear Roy's voice calling from the center of the crowded station and then catch a glimpse of him and Riza pushing their way through the confused civilians.

"Where is he??" Roy demands, looking around at the uniformed group and cursing under his breath.

"Riza I need their location asap!" He shouts rather harshly at his lieutenant and she nods and darts off into the crowds again.

"What's happening?" I ask, only having pieced together half of the puzzle during that short conversation.

"The Elric Brothers are suspected to be the next targets of the criminal 'Scar'. The one who killed Nina and Shou Tucker."

"Grrrrrrr"

"Shhhh, it's ok Hokori, he's not here now." I thought I was speaking English words but both Roy and Maes look at me like I'm crazy and I realise I'd been growling and yipping to Hokori.

"It's not that, I can smell him; he's not that far away and neither is the red coat smell." Hokori sniffs the air and bares his teeth. "The coat and the metal are about a mile north of here.... The strange man is to the north west, he's really close to them."

"They're a mile north of here, Scar isn't that far away from them so we had better get a move on!" I say just as the train horn blares and the train begins to slowly pull away.

"You should go, (y/n), before you miss your train and have to wait a few days for the next one. We will take care of this." Maes hugs me one last time and pushes me towards the train, I hop onto it and so does Hokori and I watch the men all running out of the station as I'm pulled ever so slowly away from them and away from him.

Edward Elric.

"They can handle this..." I slowly mull over all the possible outcomes in my head but all I can see is the possibility of never seeing either of the brothers again.

Can I really let that happen?

~~~~~ Ed's pov~~~~~

What the hell is wrong with this guy??? I instinctively move my body as me and Al attempt to fight off our insane pursuer.

He had chased us off the roof of a building and down into the streets bellow, showing no signs of relenting.

This guy's alchemy is way too strong, it can break through everything we try to block him with!

"We need to keep running Al!" We take a turn off the road into a smaller street but before we can get around the next bend, a blue flash streaks along the wall and it explodes in a dense, black cloud, knocking both of us off our feet and choking me with the smoke and the dust. As it begins to settle again we both get up and turn, facing the dark outline of our pursuer.

"Who the hell are you anyway and why are you trying to kill us??" I shout at them, readying myself for a fight.

"As long as there are creators like you in the world there will be destroyers." They  replied cryptically in a deep, gruff voice.

"Looks like we are going to have to fight."

I quickly transmute some of the metal rubble on the floor into a short but sharp knife and Al readies himself beside me. We both charge him at the same time, hoping that at least one of us would get him.

"Gutsy one, aren't you?" he dodges both of our attacks and as he does his arm stretched out behind him reaching for Alphonse. "But too slow."

I look back and my eyes widen in terror; with another flash of blue, the entire right side of my little brother's chest-plate and midsection are ripped apart. My blood boils and rage fills me. NOBODY TOUCHES MY LITTLE BROTHER AND GETS AWAY WITH IT!

"YOU BASTARD!!!" I shout as I charge him once again, taking advantage of his evident shock at the lack of flesh under the wreckage of Al's armour - which still hasn't moved since he struck it.

If he damaged Al's seal then I don't know if I can get his soul back. He's all I have left, I can't let him die again.

If he dies, I'll die getting him back again.

------------

Roy's POV

If that Fullmetal brat is dead I'm going to kill him.

I assembled a team and quickly headed north, where (Y/N) said he was but there has been no sign of him yet.

I had at least a dozen men with me, including Armstrong and Hawkeye - some of the best soldiers I've ever seen - and yet I have an astounding lack of confidence that we could win against this man, I'd never show it but the fact that he's taken down many state alchemists, including a master in weapons transmutation, makes me doubt even my own chances against this man.

I had to brace myself against the dashboard as the car came to a halt, about fifty meters from the body of Edward Elric, lying in the middle of the street. A large man walks slowly towards him as he falls on his front, one of his arms completely missing.

I jump out the car as do my unit and they silently arm themselves and form a human wall running the width of the street.

"On my signal boys." I command as Riza hands me one of her guns, drawing two of her own.

Before Scar has a chance to grab at the boy's head, I fire the gun into the air.

"That's enough Scar."

----------------

Will reader-chan make it on time to aid Mustang in the fight against scar or are you already half way to briggs by now? Find out next time!