33} Slave

"(Y/n)...it's for you."

Hesitantly, I take the phone from Roy and gingerly hold it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hello, (y/n). I honestly thought you knew better than to disobey me." Bradley chuckles and it sends shivers up my spine.

"I'm sorry sir, it won't happen again." My voice shakes as I reply.

"I know. Now get back to my office before I cut up this child you have such a soft spot for." I can practically hear him grinning as he hangs up the phone and I drop it back on Roy's desk before turning to leave.

"Hang on, (y/n), we need to talk about this! What is Bradley up to? Why isn't he letting anyone near you?" Roy grips my arm and I shake him off before leaving his office and slamming the door behind me.

Taking off my ridiculous shoes, I clutch them in my hand as I sprint down the corridors, across the large courtyard and finally up the grand stairs to reach the Führer's office.

I stop myself from throwing open the office doors, putting my shoes on my sore feet first and then gingery knocking on the door.

"Come in."

Entering the room, I immediately feel sick.

Alicia Hughes is perched on Bradley's knee, eyes wide with fear as her hands are shakily held together. As I close the door behind me, her eyes land on mine and a smile cracks onto her face,

"(Y/N)!" Eagerly, she tries to hop off of Bradley's lap and to my horror, he pulls her back, unsheathing a short sword with his free hand.

"Now, now, not so fast. (y/n) still has a lesson to learn." He glares at me as he speaks, his one eye cold and furious.

"Sir, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have allowed Mustang to affect me like that. Please punish me and not Alicia, I've made her suffer enough." My head bowed, I speak as calmly as I'm able but the shake of anger in my voice breaks through.

"You're right I suppose..." He lifts her off his lap and places her gently onto the floor, a hand still on her shoulder.

"You have made her suffer."

With the sickening sound of flesh being parted, the top of his short dagger protrudes from her lower torso in the blink of an eye.

Her eyes widen as she takes in a sharp breath and slides off the blade, crumpling to the ground.

"No!" I scream, dropping to my knees and crawling towards her on shaky legs. "No! No! No! Come on honey don't do this to me, I promised your dad you'd be ok!"

Her glassy eyes stare me down, piercing my soul as I cradle her small form and my shaky hands press down on the origins of the scarlet liquid staining her summer dress.

"You. Will. Pay." I spit through gritted teeth, turning to glare at Bradley as my fist tightens its grip on Alicia's blood soaked summer dress.

He frowns and in an instant his hand wraps around my neck and lifts me off of the ground, my feet kicking as I claw at his wrists with the slippery metal surface of my fingers.

"We both know that I won't."

With a grimace, he throws me to the ground, my throat pulsing and vision dancing slightly as I land with a thud in a steadily growing puddle.

"Maybe this will teach you to not disobey me. I surely thought Hughes would be enough but clearly not." He mutters with a few shakes of his head.

I loathe him.

"Can I get up now?"

...

Like a cliche scene from a horror movie, I slowly turn to look over my shoulder and see Alicia's body sit up, blood coating all her clothes and her pale skin.

"A-Alicia??" I reach towards her but something stops me dead in my tracks.

Red sparks.

Red sparks shooting out of her skin and pulling the raw flesh back together.

She fucking giggles at me.

Before I can even consider what fresh hell I've fallen into, her whole form begins to writhe and change shape completely.

Just like that thing that killed...

Maes.

It's soft brown hair has turned a mysterious shade of green and formed into bouncy spikes that dangle down to the thing's shoulders.

Even though it's wearing a strange sort of tank top and skirt, I couldn't for the life of me tell you what gender it is or even if it has one.

"What is this? Where is Alicia?" I shuffle away from it as glance at Bradley.

"She's at home with her mother." Bradley sits back down at his desk and stares at me as I reluctantly take my eyes off of the androgynous murderer a few metres in front of me.

"Who called the phone in Roy's office then??"

"Oh Roy! Help me! I can't find Alicia and nobody has seen her, I don't know what to do. Please help!"

My head darts to the thing as it perfectly mimics Gracie's pleading cries with a huge grin plastered onto its face.

"You tricked me." I whisper.

"And you ran to Mustang even when I'd warned you not to. Torture can be more than physical pain, you've known both now." He turns his attention to the papers on his desk as my hand subconsciously drifts to one of my collarbones, feeling the mostly healed tissue there.

"Now, enough of this. (Y/n), make me a coffee and bring me the last of my paperwork for the day. There's a good girl." The smirk in his voice is audible and I grit my teeth as I nod my head.

"Yes, sir."