21} Too Covert

"So what you're telling me is that you've lost contact with your commander?" Olivier's monotonous voice greets the five weary team members, and the rather alert wolf, seated in the conference room.

"Yes ma'am, we saw her enter hostile camps and she was taken into custody, we lost visuals." Riley stands as he addresses his superior, "We would have stuck around but she told us to follow the dog and... well the dog led us back here."

"This animal is the only thing who knows where (last name) is and it can't communicate with us at all?" Olivier clenches her fists and scowls at the team. "In light of this news, it is highly likely that she isn't coming back. Rhino, you will take her place as captain. Report to Miles for your next mission, I will send the news to central that Miss (y/n)(l/n) is missing in action presumed dead. That is all."

------

{In central}

Roy's POV

I've never seen Maes like this. He hasn't uttered a single word about his wife or his daughter all week, he hasn't really said anything.

It's understandable, that girl was practically family to him; he loved her more than any of us.

I hesitate a minute before knocking on his office door, getting no reply.

"Maes...?" I push the door open slightly and peek around it into his dim office. Papers are scattered everywhere, the office could easily be confused with the aftermath of a tornado.

"What do you want now, Mustang?" The detached and toneless voice of my old friend sounds from behind his desk.

Careful not to tread on any of the papers, I head towards his voice to find him sitting against the wall with his head hung low, loosely hugging his knees. An empty bottle besides him.

"Maes, you can't continue like this. You need to think about your career, your family! Your wife is worried sick and you're in your office drinking and shirking your responsibilities? The Hughes I know wouldn't do this." I breathe angrily and slam a hand on the desk.

"She was part of my family, Roy. I'm allowed to mourn the death of a family member aren't I?" He laughs bitterly and looks up to me, his eyes damp and red.

"The report didn't say anything about her being dead, she's just missing! You know that girl well enough to know she's too stubborn to die." I kneel next to him and gently pull him towards me, hugging him until his shoulders tremble. "Go home and see your wife and daughter, they miss her as much as you do."

---

(Y/n)'s POV

"Tell the creeps here to stop hitting on me, it's gross." I whine as I enter my new boss' tent.

"Don't you girls like all the attention." He smirks, looking at a map and other pieces of paper.

"If I put you in a cage full of bears you'd get a whole lot of attention, would you like that?" I mock, trying not to overstep my bounds too much but not rolling over and taking his crap either.

"Careful now doll, I'm still in control of your life. Speaking of which, how is it all going?" Perking up greatly, he smiles and makes eye contact.

"Well you won't let me leave. And those idiots who you picked to follow me around are creepy." I complain as I pace around the tent.

They clearly don't trust me here, I'm kept under constant supervision and my wrists have been cuffed since I agreed to work with them. This sucks, I just need to stick around long enough to see what they're up to and then slip away. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to Briggs.

"It's not unreasonable to take precautions when your guest is most probably a soldier from the Briggs wall." He smirks whilst shrugging.

"What can I do to prove I'm not going to kill any of you?" I ask as my eyes swiftly search the tent for anything to use as an emergency lock pick.

"You could stop looking for ways to get out of those handcuffs." Laughing only slightly creepily, he stares at me for a solid few minutes. "If you want to prove yourself then keep your mouth shut and do as I tell you."

"Yes, sir."
---
(Ok so I know timings are off but I'm going to quickly skip through a lot of the stuff that happens in the series because it's not really that relevant to my plot and I don't want this story to drag on for hundreds of chapters so just roll with it, k?)

Ed's POV

Al and I stand on the back of the train as we kiss rush valley goodbye, headed towards the home of someone we missed very much.

Izumi Curtis.

I shove my hands into my pockets as we head down the train, finally finding some seats big enough to fit all of Al.

It's quiet. Quiet enough to think a little.

"Hey, Al? Do you think (y/n) will transfer back to central?" I wonder out loud, the vivid memory of her strong voice and (e/c) eyes flooding my senses.

"I don't know brother, why are you so curious? Hmm?" He giggles childishly as he crosses his arms.

"I'm not! She just never answered my question, the one I asked her in that letter." I curse myself for the rush of blood I can feel in my stupid cheeks.

"Don't lie brother, I know you like her. And I can tell she likes you too!"

"Can not. You said the same thing about Winry and that would never have worked out." I grumble, staring out the window and resting my chin on my hand.

"Well there's no point worrying about it, we have to deal with teacher first...and she doesn't know what we did..."

Ah crap! She's going to kill us when she finds out.
---
(Y/n)'s POV

"Wake up."

"Mm five more minutes." I grumble as I turn over on my worn futon which keeps me mere inches off of the freezing ground.

"Now!" The voice barks as they deliver a swift kick to my stomach. I wheeze as the air is knocked from me and my eyes shoot wide open.

Sorry about that Hokori.

My new 'boss' is smiling like a crazy bastard and holding a coat out to me.

"Get up, we're going." He drops the coat on me and turns to leave before turning back and smirking.

What's going on? Where are you? Do you want me to come get you?

"Today we are going to have some fun."