Chapter 1

Joe's POV

I woke up when I heard my alarm go off.

It's 5am and also the first day of senior year.

I turned off the alarm on my phone and squinted at the bright screen of my phone.

I got a text from my boyfriend, Justin.

Justin: Meet me at our spot at 6am. We need to talk.

What do we need to talk about?

I can't think of anything that could be wrong.

I quickly got out of bed and got ready.

When I ran downstairs I couldn't find my car keys so I ran outside to ask my dad if he's seen them.

" Dad have you seen my car keys? I have to meet Justin in 10 minutes but I can't find them anywhere!" I said frustrated.

" Good Morning, Joe." Mrs. Lee said.

She was talking to my Dad before I interrupted.

" Oh, I'm sorry. Hi, Mrs. Lee.That was so rude of me to ignore you. I'm just kind of in a rush and just have a lot on my mind."

She laughed," That's alright dear. If you need a ride, Caspar should be leaving any minute now if you wanna go with him."

Before I could back out of an awkward situation waiting to happen Caspar, my next door neighbor and ex best friend, walked outside.

You see, we were best friends all our lives until the beginning of high school when I started making a lot of friends and Caspar started to get into trouble.

Caspar's Dad died the summer of 8th grade in a car crash. So, I can't blame him for being so rebellious. He was really close to him. I was too.

Caspar cried almost everyday the whole summer.

It was really hard for me to see him like that. His mom wasn't doing well either even though she tried not to show it when she was around us.

Well after just the first week of high school Caspar and I made completely different friends. I hung out with the popular people and he hung out with the misfits.

Ever since then we've basically been strangers.

" Bye Mom!" Caspar waved to his mom and was headed to his car when she stopped him.

" Caspar, can you give Joe a ride? He has to go meet his boyfriend at school but he can't find his car keys."

Caspar glanced at me and I smiled awkwardly even though I was mentally shooting myself.

" Uh, yeah sure."

I fake smiled at my Dad as I said goodbye to him and Mrs. Lee.

" Have a good day you two!" Caspar's mom waved at us as we got into his car.

We both sighed and got into his car.

" So, you and that Justin kid are still together huh?" Caspar spoke up.

" Yeah, have been for 2 years now. Are you and that girl Cara still together? "

" mhm." He smiled proudly.

" I never liked her. "

" Well of course not, you don't even like girls."

I laughed," No I mean I never liked her as a person. She's weird."

He laughed," And you're not?"

I smiled," Nope, I'm perfectly normal."

" I disagree." He smiled as he parked in the school parking lot.

" Think what you want anyway thanks for the ride. " I smiled as we got of out the car.

" No problem."

I stopped when we got to the main entrance," I'll see you around."

" See ya." He smiled as he walked over to his group of friends.

I watched as he laughed and goofed around with them.

It's really nice to see him smiling. I remember the last days of us being friends he wouldn't smile at all unless I did something to make him laugh.

I ran my fingers through my hair and walked upstairs where my friends always are.

A/N: Soooo do you like the first chapter? It's more of an introduction that's why it's short.