Chapter 14- The Last Chapter

Caspar's POV

When I got home my mom was sitting in the living room.

" Hi Caspar, how was your day?"

I closed the front door and walked toward the stairs as I just wanted to go to my room.

" It was alright." I frowned.

" Why do you look so sad? Did something happen?"

I took a deep breath and started to cry. I can never fight back my tears when I'm around my mom," Joe broke up w-with me."

" Aw, sweetheart come here." She opened her arms as I walked over to where she was sitting on the couch.

She rubbed my back as I rested my head on her shoulder," Did this just happen today?"

I sniffled," No, a few days ago. I just didn't want to talk about it... B-but today I found out he got back tougher with his ex and they're going to homecoming with each other tonight."

She sighed," I'm so sorry Caspar. Break ups are hard but you'll get through it. "

" I don't know mom, I-I think I'm in love with him."I admitted.

Yes, I'm in love with him.

It's so crazy to even say that but I've always known. Well since last week that is.

I think I really realized one night when we were just sitting in my room just talking until like 4am about anything and everything.

My mom sighed," Love is a serious thing."

I nodded, " I know."

" Do you think he feels the same?"

I sat up and wiped my eyes," No, or else he wouldn't have broke up with me, got back together with his ex, and now going to homecoming with him. "

" Sometimes people don't realize what they have until it's gone. Give him some time. He'll realize what he's missing. "

My mom is right about a lot of things, but I don't think she's right about this.

-

I eventually got ready and headed over to Cara's house.

I watched as she walked out of her house.

She was wearing a long red dress with her hair curled. She looked pretty.

I bet Joe looks amazing.

I frowned just thinking about him.

She got into my car and leaned over to hug me.

" You ready?" I asked.

" Mhm." She smiled.

The car ride there consisted of her talking about things I don't care about and me thinking about what the night will hold.

Once we got inside the gym it was already packed.

Sorry by Justin Bieber was playing.

I looked around wondering if Joe is here yet.

I didn't see him.

" I'm gonna go say hi to my friend Macy real quick." Cara said.

I just nodded and went over to get a drink.