Hallucination

The pill bottle lay in my hand, I gazed down at it.

"Don't take the pills! don't take the pills!" the voices demanded, their yelling made my thoughts foggy, and I couldn't think.

Desperate for them to stop, I frantically unscrewed the top and peered inside.

Little pills crowded the bottle, I reached my hand in and pulled out a pill. The voices shouted louder, and louder and I popped a pill into my mouth and swallowed.

I turned on the faucet, and the water felt cold, as I cupped my hands and brought the water up to my mouth. The voices soon became whispers, then nothing.

I looked up at the mirror, and gazed at myself.

The bags under my eyes seemed to crowd up my entire face.

I looked away, and secured my watch tighter onto my wrist. I quickly looked down at my watch, as it read "9:34"

"Luna, Luna! we've got to get to work! were going to be late!" My roommate, Holly called.

"C-coming!" I stuttered.

I met with Holly at the door, and we both hurried out of the house. I locked the door behind me, as we dashed down the street.

Holly's bright red hair bounced behind her, she started to slow down. I did as well.

"Hey."A husky voice whispered. I whipped around, I was presented to a man which looked like someone I used to think lived in my closet, as a mere child.

His skin was white as snow, and his eyes seemed to bore into my soul. But the thing that sent chills down my spine was the smile he wore, which was cut ear to ear.

I stumbled back, Holly's calling became fuzzy as I stared at the man, on instinct I screamed out in horror and stumbled back, I could feel myself being caught by Holly.

I was snapped out of my gaze by Holly. "What the hell Luna!" I picked myself up, and brushed myself off. "D-did you see that!" I gasped.

Holly furrowed her brows. "Jesus Christ Luna, it wasn't real. Your hallucinating again." I turned around, no one was there.

Yeah, she was right he was a hallucination.

Everything lately was a hallucination, I didn't know what was reality or fantasy, I quickly nodded and Holly held out her hand to call a taxi.

Once one realized our existence, he halted to a stop.

Holly opened the door, and pushed me in. She closed it and said our destination.

The man turned around.

He was the same man I saw on the street.

I shrieked in horror, Holly grabbed by the shoulders. "It's not real, it's not real!" she reassured.

I rubbed my eyes, and it wasn't that man.

It was a regular man, his eyes wide with shock.

I heard Holly mutter a string of curse words under her breath, I slumped down into my seat. A wave of shame washed over me.

"Were here, Ma'am." Holly handed a ten dollar bill to the man, and she pulled me out of the car. We thundered down the street, and she opened the heavy door.

"W-were here," Holly breathed, I leaned on the counter, catching my breath.

"You're late" Mike, our boss hissed.

"Were sorry, er...you know how Luna has schizophrenia. She has her...scenes." Mike sighed and nodded.

"Jessica and Jackie had to take your places, Luna head to the cashier."

Holly and I both worked in a supermarket, we both made nine dollars an hour, and we both worked forty hours a week. Together, we both made seven hundred twenty dollars each week.

It was enough to get us by.

I headed to the cashier, and stood behind it. Immediately a woman appeared, she held peanut butter and macaroni and cheese in an arm, and held a young boy's hand in the other.

"Hurry up!" she spat, her eyes gazed down to my name tag. "Oh, hurry up. Luna."

"S-sorry!" I stuttered. I quickly bagged her items. "Twelve dollars and fifteen cents." I said dully.

She handed me a few dollar bills, took her bags, and rushed out of the grocery store.

I felt a slight tapping sensation on my shoulder, and I turned around to be met with Mike. "Luna, how old are you again?" Mike asked.

"Twenty four, why?" Mike scratched his head. "We have to write reports on everyone." I nodded, and Mike walked away.

The hours flew by, and Holly came up to me. She handed my backpack to me. I knew the cue, and we started to walk out of the grocery store.

On my way out, through the window.

The man with the smile cut ear to ear was glaring daggers at me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The multimedia is what the main character looks like!

Also, in this story Jeff is twenty six.