Heartless

Jeff nonchalantly clicked on the television, scrolling through channels.

I looked over at him, and scoffed. He turned back to me. "What?" "you're a killer, but you act like a regular guy. You're scrolling through TV channels like it's another day."

"I'm a killer, not a fucking alien. You don't need to alienate me." I gritted my teeth. "Oh, because killing people is a normal thing that normal people do."

Jeff narrowed his eyes at me, turning away and continue scrolling through channels. "Just shut the fuck up" he said, throwing my pills at me. "Take you're damn pills" 

What an ass Josie concluded, I could picture Josie crossing her arms annoyed. "Damn right" I whispered back to her, taking a pill. 

Jeff seemed to linger on a channel, a show called Law & Order: Special Victims Unit was on. "Of course you'd watch that" I whispered, turning on my heel and exiting the room. 

I walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind me and locking it.

I turned on the faucet, wondering where and how Jeff got his water. I didn't care.

 I splashed water on my face, just like when I Holly and I were going to work that day. The day I met him.

Jeff.

At this point, Jeff's name to me was like poison. He ruined my life, any chance I had at it anyway.

Yet he didn't care, he couldn't.

Jeff the Killer, a name suited for him. With a heart colder than stone, he only cares for himself and just himself. 

He's a man like many others that just wants to watch the world burn

And he's dragged me down with him.