Dinner With a new Family

Anna passed me a pill bottle, I took my medication and rushed up to my room.

It was a tiny room, with a bed and dark flooring. 

I crawled onto the bed, and watched the sunset slowly, my eyes danced to a closet and instantaneously flashbacks of Jeff appeared in my mind, causing me to cry out.

A few moments later, the door opened and Emily's head appeared. "Luna, it's supper. Mom said you didn't have to come if you want-" I cut her off by standing up and walking towards her, she nodded and silently held the door open for me. I whispered a half - hearted thank you and followed her downstairs.

I slid into one of the chairs, and everyone's eyes were on me. I looked down at my food, embarrassment shot through me.

I looked up slightly and noticed they had looked away, and started conversation. I stuffed a forkful of rice into my mouth.

I finished my dinner quickly, and picked up my plate. "You don't have to be so shy" Emily said, I put my plate in my sink. "You don't have to be so open" I answered, washing my plate. Emily stopped talking, and looked away.

I headed into my room, and closed the door locking it quickly.

I snuggled into the warm blankets, and slowly but surely I drifted off into a long awaited sleep.