Dr. Smiley

Masky turned to me. "We will send someone over to help Jeff, okay?" I nodded. Hoodie all of the sudden started coughing, loudly and violently.

"We'll send someone over." Masky and Hoodie dragged Jeff into the house, I followed awkwardly. 

Masky was already running off, Hoodie looked over his shoulder at me. "Stay safe" and then he ran off after Masky, I quickly shut the door. Locking the bolts.

After a half and hour, someone knocked on the door.

I tip-toed into the kitchen, and pulled open the curtain just a little to see who was out there.

There stood a man, who wore a mask that was lined with teeth, and a dress shirt and tie.

I panicked, my eyes darted to Jeff's knife that lay on the table. Take it! stab him! Josie demanded, the other voices I had all chanted the same things.

I hushed them, and tip toed to the door.

I unlocked the bolts, and grasped the door knob. I took a deep breath in, before swinging the door open and holding the knife over the mysterious mans head, ready to attack.

"Whoa, whoa whoa!" he shouted. "Calm down! Masky and Hoodie told me to come." I blushed with embarrassment, before backing away.

"The name's Dr. Smiley but you can call me Smiley" he held his hand out. "...Luna" I said, shaking his hand. Smiley looked over my shoulder to Jeff, who lay on the couch still unconscious.

I let him inside, closing the door.

"Hoodie really let him have it, ey?" I nodded. Not wanting to engage in conversation with him. Don't think about it Josie said, reassuring me. 

Smiley examined Jeff, who had bruises lining his skin, blood trickled in different parts. Smiley took out a role of bandages from his pocket, before muttering "Not used to this" he started unwrapping the bandages and securing them in the needed places.

I took my pill bottle from the table, opening it and taking a pill. Smiley noticed this, while bandaging Jeff asked. "Why do you take those?" I looked up at him. "Reasons" I answered. "What reasons?" Smiley pulled down his mask, smirking.

"I have schizophrenia. There, you know" Smiley finished bandaging Jeff, adding tape to the last bandage. "Haven't met a person in a while with schizo," Smiley patted Jeff's shoulder.

"He'll be alright, probably awake in a few hours." Smiley pulled up his mask, and started towards the door. He opened it, turning back to me. "Goodbye" before closing the door behind him. I watched from the window, as he turned around locking the door and walking off. 

"Damn it" I muttered. "I could have gotten out of this hell hole." 

***

It was about three hours later, I sat on a stool, eating Doritos from a bag. Josie had kept me company. I heard a groan from Jeff, who sat up rubbing his head.

"What happened...?" Jeff asked dumbfounded. "You got your ass kicked by Hoodie" I answered.

"Oh yeah"