Go To Sleep

My heart started beating double time, but I remembered Holly's words.

He isn't real.

Holly and I finally arrived home, and I felt relief wash over me. He's not real.

Holly walked off into her room, the moon light casted into the room.

I wandered into the bathroom, I flicked on the lights and removed the pill bottle off the counter. Unscrewing the top, I remembered how many times a day I had to take my medication.

This was one of those times, so I popped a pill into my mouth.

I turned on the faucet, and splashed water on my face. My fingers laced the hairbrush that lay next to the bar of soap, I slowly brushed my hair.

The hairbrush met with a knot, I narrowed my eyes as I roughly brushed through it, I looked down at my watch and it was almost midnight.

Putting down the hairbrush, I headed out of the bathroom.

CRASH I turned around so fast I saw stars, I peered out into the living room and saw the window was broken down.

T-this isn't real, this has to be a hallucination.

Just in case, I dashed into the kitchen and took the largest knife out of the drawer, I then ran back into my room, and ripped open the closet doors.

I threw myself inside, and closed the latch.

I was so terrified, I started to weep quietly.

"Luna, Luna! I think someone's in the house!" Holly shouted, banging on the door frantically. Oh my God.

Is she crazy! God no, don't let him find he-I was snapped out of thoughts to a blood curdling scream.

Tears poured down my face faster, I hoped this was all a nightmare-a hallucination, and I was going to wake up and Holly was going to be sleeping in her bed.

"GO TO SLEEP" A voice rasped, I shook violently as I heard a body thud at the floor.

Was that some sick joke? it had to be a figment of my strange imagination, but his footsteps almost made the ground shake.

My tears tasted salty, and my breathing quickened as I heard the doorknob turn. When he couldn't open it, I heard him mutter under his breath.

He sent a fist flying through the door, I shrieked out in fear. I curled up into a ball, begging for all of this to end.

The door flew open, his smile somehow began to grow bigger as he stared down at me.

He crouched down, and brought a finger to my lips in a silencing motion.

"Sh, just go to sleep." He rasped, and my vision darkened.