II

That was two months ago.

"Okay you guys, you have your next project due Monday," Mrs. McCall said, "it's worth 100 points, so you definitely need to do it."

Since that first day, Serena, Claire, and I, have gotten turned off by the whole thought of school. I rolled my eyes as I reached under my desk for my backpack. If one more teacher gave us an assignment that was not homework or classwork, I promised I would kill myself. Quizzes, tests, projects, standardized tests, more projects. All of which stacked on top of each other, while we have to do homework. Not to mention, homework in some classes is graded based on correctness and not completion. I only made it worse for myself by signing up for sports. The bell rang as I placed my agenda in on my desk. I wrote down whatever she wrote on the board, barely comprehending what it was to my self, but only letting the agenda figure it out. In the halls, everyone was of course in my way.

The school contained a lot of students, so it was no surprise when the halls got backed up, it happened all the time. But, when there were couples in the halls, it made things so much worse. They literally sat in the way of any living thing, only to irritate them. Making out, holding hands, hugging as they reminisce about their day together, just a compilation of PDA blocking anyone who wasn't heartless from pushing pass. Sadly I was one of those heartless people, because everytime they happened to be in my way, I casually proceeded to walk in between them as the cursed at me.

"Hey Lexi," Jack called, running out of science to catch up.

"Hey Jack," I said.

Jack Walsh was a freshman as well, and the only one to have a crush on me. He was a sweet ginger, with friendly freckles and endless brown eyes that were slim ovals in shape. It sounded selfish of me considering lots of the freshman girls liked him, to not pay his flirtations attention, but I didn't really like him. He was physically attractive, and I even told him so, but emotionally we couldn't connect. We were much like magnets on opposite poles.

He smiled, his dimples smiling with him. The positive side of the magnet.

"You look pretty today," he said.

The negative end.

"Wow, I looked ugly all the other days?" I chuckled.

He laughed along as he stopped in front of his locker to get his books for the next half of the day. We were heading to the cafeteria now, caught in the currents of the ocean that was teenage students.

"Wait up," he said.

"Come on Jack, Serena and Claire are waiting for me," I said.

"Okay okay, I'm coming."

He ran up to me and we continued.

"So Lex, are you still gonna go to track practice today?"

"Probably. It hasn't gotten too hectic yet."

"That's good. You're really good, you could probably make it to varsity. I hope you stay."

"I do too."

The next words Jack said, I couldn't repeat if my life depended on it. I was completely drawn into one thing, that didn't concern him at all. That gorgeous blessing's name was Levi Bradford. I only knew his name because he was a senior in varsity track. In all honesty, he was one of the only reasons I stayed in track. It all appeared to be in slow-motion. He was laughing with his group, the left side of his mouth open while the right was only slightly raised, I could see his pointed canine gleam with the reflection of the fluorescent lights as the rest shimmered softly with it, his diamond eyes squinted in joy, yet somehow I felt them looking into my soul. He was a dream of a prince, but all too real.