IV

Three days since that conversation, and she still never called. The police started looking for her at that point.

"I can't believe this is actually happening," Serena said at the lunch table.

"I know," I said, "it's unreal."

"Very," Claire said.

"But she's probably not gonna call. If they said she's with a boy, they're probably halfway across the world right now joining the mile high club," I said.

"Probably," Claire said, "but why does she hate you guys so much?"

"I'll don't know, and probably never will, but I do know she's stressing everyone out," I said, "Mom is always crying, Dad is always angry, and the police are always around, and it's not making it any better."

"I bet," Claire sighed.

"I wish she'd just say something," Serena said.

"Same," I sighed, "I'll see you guys later, I have to go to the gym during lunch for something."

"Okay, bye Lexi," Claire said.

"Bye Lex," Serena said.

The gym teacher was in the middle of conditioning some other students; during lunch. Instead of eat, sleep, run, their life consisted of sleep then run.

"You said you wanted to see me coach?" I said.

"Yes," he said, "I'd like to ask if you'd be ready for the meet this Friday."

"I thought Lillian was doing it," I said.

"Lily had something come up, so she won't be able to run for the rest of the season."

"Is she okay?"

"She's okay, but her ankle is broken."

"Oh no."

"Yeah, and you're the first girl on the team I thought of that could replace her. So do you think you could make it?"

"Thank you so much. That's an honor. I would be glad to."

"Are you sure? I know I've heard about your sister, and if you don't want to until you get some closure on that it'll be fine."

"Nah, I'm sure. Everything's fine."

"We'll then thank you. I'll see you after school today right?"

"Yes sir."

"Alright then. Have a nice rest of the day."

"You too."

As I walked back to the exit, someone stopped me, "Hey."

"Hey," I said, it was Levi.

I waited for a second; looking like an idiot when he went back to practicing.

Of course he's going to talk to you for thirty hours Alexis, he practically loves you.

I blended into the crowd of the hall to go back to class.

"Hey Lexi," said a voice to my back.

Does he have a tracker stuck in my neck or something?

"Hey Jack," I said.

"So did coach tell you-"

"Hey Alexis," Levi said running up to me, "I just remembered what I had to say."

Jack stopped with me as if he was required to hear the conversation. If I hadn't a heart, I would tell him to screw off. But since I valued humans, he stayed.