Quidditch

Alexia p.o.v.
"Hurry up LeStrange, we need you at the pitch." Marcus Flint shouts at me as I quickly throw on my emerald green quidditch robes. "I'll be there in a second." I mutter blowing a wisp of charcoal hair off my face and tying it back into a long braid.

"I bet you ten galleons we'll beat those Gryffindor prats today." I turn around to see my cousin leaning against a tree with a Firebolt tucked under his arm. I laugh and grab my broom, a Nimbus 2000 one of the few presents from my mum.

We run down the hill and into the brightly lit Quidditch pitch. I loved Quidditch with a passion. It was my escape from reality, my one chance to be free from my troublesome life. I played Chaser and Draco played Seeker.

"Mount your brooms." Madam Hooch says then blows her whistle. We all glide up into the sky and I begin my quest to get the quaffle.

The Gryffindor chaser, Angelina had possession and I was going to do everything I could to change that. When she flew towards the goal hoops, I flew past her yanking the quaffle from her grasp and dunking it quickly into the goal hoop.

"Slytherin scores!" The scoreboard adds ten points and I pump my fist. We were so going to win this. "Look! Harry Potter has caught the snitch!" Everyone turns towards the boy clutching the golden ball in his hand. I groan and begin to slow down.