Chapter 6

CLAIRISSA POV

Writing Luke had been a regular thing for the past few months, but it felt like the world spun eight years slower in between receiving and writing them. The two weeks in between were treachorous, and I began to understand why it was such a bore to write letters. But I still enjoyed doing it, and I hoped Luke did as well.

I had begun to slowly love the boy I knew as Luke in the letters, much rather than Luke Hemmings, the all too known front man for 5 Seconds of Summer.

I tore open the letter I currently had in hand, opening my flat's door with the other. I sat myself on the barstool set in front of the counter at the kitchen island. His scrawl was a bit on the sloppy side, but nice enough for me to make out what he had written, getting the e's and a's mixed up with the o's and u's usually.

Hey Claire,

You are such a doll :). I loved the little penguin you sent. I named her after you, because she's just as cute. Yours and mine look adorable together! I'm sending you a stuffy as well, but it won't come with this letter, being that I haven't recieved it yet to make sure it looks alright. But the element of surprise is always great isn't it? I wasn't sure on a certain thing, and I was afraid it'd hurt to ask, but I'll go ahead. Do you have a cell phone? I mean, of course you can still use one without social media, it just didn't seem like you did, you never mentioned that you did. Then again its pretty useless without anyone to talk to. No, wait! I didn't mean it like that. Shit, I'm rambling I'm just gonna wrap this up before I hurt your feelings.

With much love,

Luke

I laughed loudly at the end of it, Luke couldn't possibly insult me in anyway. He was just a little cute ball of cuddles. And course, I guess I made it seem like I was from the eighteen hundreds, still writing letters like my grandmother used to. I did have a cell phone, only used it for calling my mom while she was away, the same for Anika. I pulled a pad of paper and a pen out from the junk drawer next to me and began the next letter.

Hey Luke,

I'm glad you liked the penguin. I searched long and hard to find one that was close enough to the one you already had. And to clear your mind a bit, I was not offended at all by your remark about my cell phone. I don't really have much friends anyway. And I guess I lied earlier before. I do have a social media app, but I rarely go on it. Instagram. I was a little fed up of how society made you beautiful based on how many like's you got on a photo. But if it's my number you were asking for, I'll gladly give it to you. Question: How long will it be before you lads start touring again? I need to start saving up money.

With much love,

Clairissa

♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢

sups excited for next few chaps yayaa

love you guys

xoxo

christina